Burning Question – What’s For Dinner?

What do you make for dinner when it is a hot day…. and I mean a really HOT day?

Well its going to be our hottest yet toady, not 43 though! phew! We are having wraps, I’ll cook some diced chicken and use some left over savoury mince, loads of salad and mountain bread. make your own at the table and some bottles of cold water to go with.

Watermelon. Possibly with ice cream.

My kids are not interested in eating on hot days so I try to find cool liquid things for them to have as a dinner substitute.

Last night we had BBQ chicken with salads for my husband and myself.

Tonight I’m out at a meeting so he will have to fend for himself.

last night I served cut up carrot and cucumber sticks and cherry tomatoes in one of those divided serving dishes, alongside some chopped up rockmelon and some sausages. The kids served themselves and loved it!

4. Stitch Sista says

Tonight we’ll have chook salad, tmrw pasta salad. BBQ anything and salad is a winner too :)

A big bowl of salad with crusty bread sticks – oh hang on, that was when I was young and sans child…

Whatever still involves salad – if it is really hot, it will involve leftovers, a can or eggs.

BBQ Chicken, Mango and Avocado noodle salad.

Last night I boiled the kettle put a packet of hokkien noodle in a large bowl, pured over the hot water and left to cook for a few minutes, drain the water add a little bit of bbq sauce, a torn apart bbq chicken, 1 diced mango and 2 diced avocados mix and serve. A very yummy Qld 5 minute dinner Miss 3 and Mr 1 loved it, so did my hubby

I HATE cooking when it’s hot. And I HATE trying to work out what to eat. Sometimes I buy a chicken (already cooked) if I’m in town. Or cook up a corned beef to have. Then we have the ocld meat (chicken or corned beef) with salad.

We’ll sometimes have something like spaghetti bolognese if I already have the sauce precooked in the freezer as it’s fairly quick and easy and doesn’t heat the house up too much (microwave the sauce and just cook the pasta).

The worst thing is when you’re busy or tired, you can’t just chuck something easy in the oven. *sigh*

P.S. I like the hamburger idea. I’ve finally gotten together all the ingredients so we can have this next time it’s hot. Quick and easy. Filling and delicious!!!!

This is the forever dilemma in our house. Especially seeing the Boyfriend is here for nearly every meal and doesn’t eat chicken.

I mean WHO DOESN’T EAT CHICKEN?

Thanks for all the awesome ideas