Push!

May 4, 2011

love on the floor

I was reading blogs the other day when I came across the lovely Hello Owl and her ‘Push’ photo challenge.

Now I am not going to win any awards for my photography. I rarely set my lovely DSLR on anything but auto and when I attempt to learn about F-stops and aperture the information just refuses to stay in my brain. Lately I’ve not taken many photos. Sure, I snap a photo here and there to go with my blog posts, but I’m not just taking photos to record life any more, and I am going to be sad about that in years to come.

So I’m jumping in and letting the fabulous Danielle inspire, encourage and PUSH me to just take more damn photos!

This week’s Push theme is ‘love’.

Now I had all these fun idea of photographing my baby boy playing with hearts…. but he wasn’t up for that game and this is about as good as I got on that front.

baby eating heart

So I gave up and just enjoyed taking photos of my boy in his gorgeous hand-me-down hat. Because I’m loving that he’s getting to wear this hat now that the weather is colder and I’m loving all the love that has been handed down with it…

baby in a hat

baby wearing a hat

Do you need a little ‘push’ to take more photos? Go on, do it, you’ll be glad you did in ten years time when you have lots of photos of the wonderful every day things to look back on.

{ 9 comments }

Megan at Writing Out Loud May 4, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Your photos are gorgeous, Kate! I’m the same – I love taking photos, and I’ve done some short courses in photography but any time I think of setting the camera to anything even vaguely resembling manual I have to find my notes again!

Deb G May 4, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Your photos are lovely, Kate. I’m always admiring them. I’m quite the opposite… I need no push. In fact someone STOP me from taking any more photos please! LOL :)

Aroha May 4, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I need a PUSH to start using my PROPER camera! Since getting my iPhone 4 I’ve been satisfied with the quality and ease of taking pics with it. But in years to come I will look back on my son’s 3rd year of his life and ask “Did I ever NOT use my phone to take a picture?!?!?” That is one gorgeous little guy you’ve got there! Good luck with your photography challenge!

Marita May 4, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Heidi keeps stealing my camera so I don’t take many photos myself but I have lots and lots of lovely pictures by Heidi.

Caz May 4, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Beautiful photos – your little one is so cute :) I can so understand what you’re saying about learning the camera teckie stuff. I’ve tried several times to learn about all that stuff – but it just won’t stay in my poor mummy brain!!

Danielle May 4, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous boy. Violet is wearing a hand me down beanie in our pictures too. so precious.

Shae May 4, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Oh I LOVE that he is wearing that hat!

Hayley B May 5, 2011 at 4:13 pm

This is a great idea. I used to photograph lots of my life but lost my have been in a photographic slump for a long time now (most likely due to the huge upheaval in my life in the past few years). I want to start taking photos again and I think it’s a great idea to have a theme to get your creative ideas flowing. Previously I tried “a photo a day” project every day for a month and I found that very difficult because I was hugely uninspired. I think a theme is just the thing I need to get inspired to take more photos again. Thanks for sharing!

Loz May 5, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I actually love the one with the heart in his mouth…it’s my favourite! I’m with you on the auto setting..I am too putting my big girl pants and trying work out the gobbeldygook of the other functions!!

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 1 trackback }