I am Mrs Potato Head.

June 8, 2011

Mr Potato Head

Mrs Potato Head looks a lot like I feel today.

The are so many things on my To Do list I can’t bare to look at it. And then there is all the stuff I don’t bother to write on my list, like making dinner and hanging out the washing and picking up school kids in the freezing wind and rain.

One day life will slow down a little and I’ll have time to straighten my nice yellow hat and pull in my tongue… but until then you’ll just have to put up with Mrs Potato Head me!

What do you do to get things under control when life seems to be screaming past way too quickly?

{ 7 comments }

Cath June 8, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Make a cup of tea and lose myself in a blog or two.

Suggest this one for you! http://mothersloveletters.com/slow-down/

Joanne June 8, 2011 at 7:39 pm

STOP work out what really really needs to be done straight away. Just remember the kids won’t remember that your housework hasn’t been done.

Stacey K June 8, 2011 at 8:07 pm

That’s when I say stuff it all, stay in my pj’s & play with my girls. The “time-out” helps get me motivated, if all else fails I bake some awesome choc choc chip muffins & only allow myself to eat one (or 4) when I have done x, x & x while they are in the oven.

Georgi June 8, 2011 at 9:28 pm

At times like this, yoga. Mostly because for me, yoga means me time.

Deb Wild Hope June 8, 2011 at 9:31 pm

When you find an answer, please tell me! I have that elusive To Do list that keeps getting bigger and bigger and not a moment to chip away at it. It’s the ultimate frustration and I just can’t put my finger on why it bothers me so much.

I really like your Mrs Potato Head picture.

Karen Anderson June 8, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Hehehe .. that is SUCH a funny headline and photo!!! I just tidy the main living area, work out what on my to do list just has to get done tonight, and try and get them done early. Fast dinner, get kids to bed asap. Be like the fish in the sea and don’t even try to control other fishes or the waves! Give up all illusions of control and enjoy being Mrs Potato Head!! I also keep muttering “all is well” lol

Cathy June 9, 2011 at 11:52 am

lol that’s how I feel most days too! if only i could banish all the things i don’t like doing (cleaning mainly) and just concentrate on stuff like blog reading and blog writing when the kids are in bed!

Comments on this entry are closed.