Five Little Ducks Printable Puppets.

My kids have been hassling me for a while to make some more stick puppets, like the frog ones we made a while back, and today was the day!

We set up our own ‘hill’ and used some play dough to make Mummy Duck stand up all alone, which seemed to fascinate my boy.
“She’ll be crying won’t she mum? You’d cry if I went away and didn’t come back, wouldn’t you mum?”

After a little chat about how I would most definitely be very sad if my beautiful boy (or any of my kids) went over a hill and didn’t come back and how it is important to answer me if I call out “Where are you?” so that I know you are safe…. after all of that we finally got to the singing and puppet show part.

five ducks printable puppets

Five Little Ducks

Five little ducks went out one day,
Over the hills and far away.
Mother duck said,
“Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack!”
But only four little ducks came back.

five little ducks printable puppets

You can download the free five little ducks printable puppets as a pdf here, or just click on the image above. Print, cut out and contact or laminate, add sticks and you are read to go duck crazy at your house!

Here’s another duck some that we like. Tape a feather to one of your puppets and you’re good to go!

Six Little Ducks the I Once Knew.

Six little ducks that I once knew,
Fat ones, fair ones, skinny ones too.
But the one little duck with the feather on his back,
He led the others with a Quack Quack Quack!

Quack Quack Quack!
Quack Quack Quack!
He led the others with a Quack Quack Quack!

Down to the river they would go,
Wibble wobble, wibble wobble too and fro.
But the one little duck with the feather on his back,
He led the others with a Quack Quack Quack!

Quack Quack Quack!
Quack Quack Quack!
He led the others with a Quack Quack Quack!

Home from the river they would come,
Wibble wobble, wibble wobble, ho hum hum
But the one little duck with the feather on his back,
He led the others with a Quack Quack Quack!

Quack Quack Quack!
Quack Quack Quack!
He led the others with a Quack Quack Quack!

What is your favourite ducky song?

If you like these, then you’ll love our other free printable puppets.

Find more free printable puppets here.

Oh they are too cute :)

5 little ducks are one of our fun sing in the mirror and watch our facial expression songs :D

What a lovely activity! Isn’t it amazing that when you start a conversation with a little one (eg a counting song about ducks) that it ends up somewhere completely unexpected (eg. about how you would feel if he went away)?! I love to see how their minds connect between different concepts. Thanks for sharing this!

How beautiful! and I have sung 5 little ducks to my boys many times, just using my fingers, this adds quite a bit more fun to the game. Thank you!

Gorgeous, my little boy will love this, it’s one of his favourite songs. Although personally I’m more partial to the six little ducks song. Thanks for putting up fantastic printables like this! Love em.

• Mel says

Thanks so much for this! The frog printable has been a huge hit with my little girl (20 months), she runs to grab them if a frog song comes on the CD player so they can “jump, jump, jump”. She adores ducks so I can’t wait to print these out for her.

5. Jane says

Thanks so much. Had a play date this afternoon so we had 2 four year olds and 2 two year olds. All loved the activity. While the other mummy and I were busy cutting out ducks, the four year olds used excellent maths skills sorting and counting to make sure everyone had the right number of ducks. The 2 year olds enjoyed choosing the colours for their popsticks and all enjoyed the puppet show provided by the four year olds when they were finished. We have been singing 5 little ducks ever since!

Oh I love these! I will make them when the colour printer is set up my eldest will love them, she adores this song. If I make them can I do a post on my blog with a link to you? I would love to share them with my readers and your great blog too :)

7. Kelly Richardson says

Hi,
    Thankyou for the puppet printables. I work in the babies room at a childcare centre and my group loved them. Are you planning on doing any other rhymes, as I would love to make up a collection and I’m not as creative.
    Kelly

Seriously, could those ducks be any cuter! When we are doing finger plays or songs at preschool, the kids are soooo much more engaged when there are props involved :)

9. Liz says

when we do 5 little ducks, we add at the end:

But when the daddy duck says ‘quack, quack, quack’ (at which point everyone quacks as loud as they can)
    5 little ducks come waddling back!

Trackbacks

1. […] 1. Five Little Ducks Puppet Printable from Pickle Bums is just so cute! I love the little song to sing with it. I also printed the frogs and the monkeys just a few of her many printable puppets! […]