Face Biscuits

June 27, 2011

face biscuits

When life is insanely busy, when you have no roof or walls on your kitchen, when you’ve promised your boy that you will bring a birthday treat to preschool…. what do you do??

You make face biscuits that’s what you do!

You’ll need…

A packet (or two) of marie biscuits, or any plain round biscuits.
Plain white icing – icing sugar and water (we used lemon juice to make it lemon flavoured)
Various lollies for facial features. We used smarties for eyes, snakes for mouths and a combination of musk sticks and jelly beans for noses.

face biscuits

Putting then together…
Mix up your icing so it is fairly thick and stiff. Chop your lolly snakes in half for mouths, and your musk sticks into bits for noses. Coat the top of the biscuit with a layer of icing and pop on the lollies to make faces. And that’s it… done!

And now we are off to preschool to share our creations!

{ 12 comments }

Trish June 27, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I love this idea, going to do it with my boys for their backyard birthday bash.

katesaysstuff June 27, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Yum!! I <3 face biscuits :)

Jayne June 27, 2011 at 2:42 pm

They are great!

jenny June 27, 2011 at 5:25 pm

such lovely colours. hope you are all as happy as the buiscuits

Christie-Childhood 101 June 27, 2011 at 9:38 pm

We love face biscuits! But I can never get my lolly snake mouths to stay as smiles LOL

katef June 27, 2011 at 9:45 pm

You need to make your icing ‘stiffer’. No butter or anything fancy just icing sugar and water/juice and not much liquid either. Plus I find the natural confectionery company snakes and softer and stay smiley more easily :)

Georgi June 27, 2011 at 10:35 pm

ahh this takes me back! on my third birthday we had face biscuits and i introduce them (on a very (in)famous family video) as exactly that! 20 years ago now … !

Emily June 28, 2011 at 1:24 am

Oh wow – these were SUCH favourites when I was little! I’d forgotten about Marie biscuits – we’ll have to break out this activity tomorrow! thanks for the reminder!

Marita June 28, 2011 at 11:27 am

Nom Nom

Our girls both made these at Kinder – I think they were for mothers day celebrations. :D

Melissa Taylor June 29, 2011 at 1:32 pm

adorable – did he love these?

Jac July 4, 2011 at 9:05 pm

An octopus variation: Using oval biscuits (Milk Arrowroot) instead of round, follow same procedure with icing, 2 smarties for eyes, and about 3-4 snakes hanging down for tentacles.
Easter variation: also using oval biscuits, decorate with different coloured icing, mini M&Ms, red licorice straps, sprinkles, etc. to make decorated eggs.
We also do abstract round biscuits, where the kids just load up their biscuits with all sorts of lollies – we also use choc chips and buttons, which are my favourite as the biscuits don’t end up quite so sweet! (I’m not a lolly person)
This is a great activity to have at your kid’s party, we’ve done it many times (as well as cupcake decorating – but this way much less stress.)

Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek January 8, 2014 at 9:46 am

New here, and I just have to say I LOVE the words you use. In Iowa, we say “cookies, frosting and candy.” But I love biscuits, icing and lollies!

Comments on this entry are closed.