Remembering the Things They Say

May 11, 2012

One day they will cringe at the cute and funny things they said when they were little.

And for that very reason I will tuck these little gems away in the back of my mind, so I can remember.

boys playing

Izzy : We’re almost 9!
Zoe : Which means we are practically ten… and then we’ll be 15!
Izzy: Yeah! And then I can get a snake!

Morgan: What’s for dinner?
Me: Shepherds Pie for us and Eggy Pie for Marco (a friend who is helping build our house)
Morgan: Oh yeah… cause Marco is a vegematarian, he doesn’t eat shepherds.

Noey: Cake???
Me: No cake.
Noey: oh bugger

What are you remembering?

This is my little mission to remember all the little things, all the moments that make life wonderful, that I would otherwise miss in the haze of craziness that is my life. This is my reminder to stop for a second, and remember… because these days will soon be long gone.

Feel free to write your own remembering post, or leave a comment telling me your rememberings. There is no rules, no time frames, no official linky… but if you’d like to join in, please do! If you blog a remembering please leave me a comment with the link so I can come read it and I’ll share it.

Mandy May 11, 2012 at 11:42 pm

I love that I can blog the things they say and remember. We’ll be sure to have a good laugh when they are older. Goodness knows we’re having a great laugh now.

Beet May 12, 2012 at 1:22 am

rofl at not eating shepards! LOL

Today when her dad and I pulled up in the car after he picked me up at the train station the fifteen year old came bursting out the front door demanding to know “where the hell have you been!?” because we made a detour on the way home to a shop so were 20 minutes late by her calculations!

Jode May 12, 2012 at 2:01 am

How cute! I love your remembering posts! I’m trying to remember first words and the wonderful differences in my twins as they go about their daily fun!

Kate Sins May 12, 2012 at 7:54 am

Hahaha, the things kids say entertains me so much. I’m so glad Marco doesn’t eat shepherds!

My Mr 3 the other day said: “Mummy, when you and Daddy built me, why didn’t you give me three legs? I WANT three legs.”

Bright & Precious May 12, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Hilarious little snippets you’ve collected there! It’s so important to record them so that you’ll remember forever. I have a habit of recording the funny things my big girl says. Can’t wait for little boy to talk. I have a feeling he’s going to be hysterical.

Gina May 13, 2012 at 11:35 am

What fun memories to document! :) I began my blog in December just to organize pictures, memories, and thoughts as my son grows in hopes that he can go back when he’s older and enjoy them. Here was my very first post about things I wanted to remember about my little guy at 16 months. http://famigliaandseoul.blogspot.com/2011/12/and-were-off.html