I’ve got a few recipes up my sleeve now, and last week it was Honey and Spice Cookies that won the household vote.
|Honey and Spice Cookies|
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 honey
- 4-1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon all spice
- A little bit of extra white and brown sugar mixed to roll biscuits in before cooking if desired.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add in eggs and beat well then stir in the honey.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and spices in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time mixing well as you go.
- Shape dough into balls, roll in the extra sugar and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are light brown and puffed.
This recipes makes a LOT of cookies. You will need a big bowl to mix them in and it will take a while to cook enough batches of cookies to get through the whole mix. You could definitely half the mixture if you wanted to, but they keep well in a sealed container for up to a week.
If you like your cookies slightly crunchy then cook these for a little longer. If you like soft and chewy go for a shorter cooking time. Either way they are delicious!