Hemmed In

November 9, 2012

trees
Some days I feel so hemmed in.

This house.

In this place.

All the things on my list.

All the reminders that keep pinging.

All the washing.

All the dinners.

All the bedtimes.

All the stuff.

Sometimes I just want time to do nothing, or everything, or nothing.

And I know I am lucky.

And I know I have a great life.

And I know I make my own choices.

And I know this is just the tired talking.

But sometimes… I just feel so hemmed in.

Marita November 9, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I know that feeling xx

Tamsyn November 9, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I know that feeling all too well. Even though I have everything I thought I wanted I still sometimes feel like escaping for a moment or two :)

Vanessa November 9, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Time to do nothing or everything. That’s it. Hope you’re managing to breathe and go for a walk. x

Caro November 9, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Goodness yes. Sometimes I just sleep because I am overwhelmed by all the things I have to do. And then I wake up with new exciting ideas…
But the laundry needs to be done, dinner needs to be cooked, and before I know it my enthusiasm has waned…
Would you like to run away with me to rural France and redecorate a country cottage? That is my fantasy of the moment!

Mud Hut Mama November 10, 2012 at 12:27 am

I loved this – so nice to know I’m not the only one!

Toushka Lee November 10, 2012 at 8:18 am

yes yes yes! some days I just want to think only of myself. do nothing or everything – I totally get that. Some days I want to sleep till 2pm and other days I want to just go for a walk by myself and then shopping and crafting and writing, all without the piles of laundry and the little fingers in all the things.
But I had that. Those days are gone along with the boredom and hangovers.

Tracey November 10, 2012 at 2:35 pm

This is why your blog is so great……..besides the fact that we get to see and know what our favourite family are up to……………….you write what we all think! Thanks

Kate November 12, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Know it. Live it. Understand it. Some days just get the better of you. The constant pull of the children, the mind racing with the jobs that need doing, the prioritising and the guilts if you get it wrong. The ongoingness of it all. Some days get the better of us x

courtney November 16, 2012 at 3:24 am

really, really understand. thank you for this post. reminding me how connecting i am to other moms out there…no matter how far away!

courtney,