What Are You Reading?

July 17, 2013

What are you reading?

I have been consumed by the story and find myself wondering about Elsbeth at odd moments during the day and craving the cold silence of night time so I can read, read, read. It’s lovely to have found that interest again, but the 3am bedtimes are causing havoc.

Are you a reader?
What are you reading?

Laura July 17, 2013 at 4:57 pm

River God, Wilbur Smith

Anne July 17, 2013 at 5:22 pm

I have two on the go and not really reading either successfully. They are by Monica McInerney and Sheila O’Flanagan. I used to read Isobelle Carmody … I might have to find her again.

Claire July 17, 2013 at 7:01 pm
Marilyn Lopez July 18, 2013 at 2:36 am

This morning I began reading Starting Now, by Debbie Macomber. It seems good so far.

Victoria@MommyMarginalia July 18, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I just finished “Where’d You Go Bernadette” by Maria Semple, which was meant to be a light, summer read, but really got me thinking about moms and daughters (and how well we know our moms, and how well our kids know – or will know – us). About to start “Lean In” by Sheryl Sandberg (not my pick, but I’m curious).

Mary July 18, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I also read the book “Where’d you go Bernadette” It was a nice surprise and I enjoyed it also. I just finished reading “The Supremes at Earl’s all you can eat” by Edward Kelsey Moore. Good book on friendships. I just started reading “Looking for Me” by Beth Hoffman. She wrote the book “Saving Ceecee Honeycutt” which I really enjoyed. I love to read!!!!

Crystal Berry July 18, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I love the Obernewtyn Chronicles and am waiting in anticipation for the final book!

Nic July 18, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I LOVE to read. I’m currently reading “The whole of my world” by Nicole Hayes. It’s an easy and enjoyable read. I am a secondary school teacher so read lots of youth/young adult fiction as its so easily accessible from the school library. Others I’ve enjoyed this year have been “The Rosie Project”, “The housemaids daughter” and “Wonder”.

Nicole Hayes July 29, 2013 at 10:46 am

Hope you have as much fun reading The Whole of My World as I had writing it. :-)

Caroline July 19, 2013 at 8:19 am

I love to read but find I am exhausted by the end of the day and can barely keep my eyes open. I have started three books and chop and change between them depending how ‘alert’ I am at night. The one is “Raising Babies” by Steve Biddulph. It is about how a babies brain develops. Steve Biddulph has been a psychologist for thirty years and has written a number of books about child development. I have read another one of his books “Raising Boys” and for any of you who have sons it is a must-read!!

I am also reading a book by Hilary Mantel called “Wolf Hall”. It is all about the life of Thomas Cromwell who was one of Henry VIII’s most powerful courtiers.

and last but definitely not least, my husband bought me a book for a more light-hearted read called “Sh*t My Dad Says” by Justin Halpern. Oh my goodness! It is hilarious AND it is all true. Loving it.

Talitha July 19, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Oh wow, I love the Obernewtyn series, but found the books weren’t as good as they started. Hopefully will be finished soon!

Currently reading the 2nd installment of the Hagwood Trilogy by Robin Jarvis – Dark Waters of Hagwood. Only took 14 years for it…*sigh*