I’m a bit late coming to the party, but catching up on my blog subscriptions I read that Meet Me at Mikes was having a week of lists. Immediately I thought of my List. Yes, that’s List with a capitol L
It’s my goal list. It’s my ‘don’t forget you’ve always wanted to do that’ list. It’s my ‘get off your lazy bum and just do it’ list. So far though, I’m not seeing a frenzy of crossing off happening on that list and I really need to rectify that.
Let’s see what have actually managed to achieve so far…
3. Hit the $250 mark for a month of sales of my digi scrap stuff. <-- I've managed this once or twice with the help of special events at PBP and am rather stoked about that! 15. Grow flowers just for the sake of them being flowers <-- we have daffodils about to bloom at our front door step and we just planted a heap of flower seeds hoping to fill the vegie garden with more than just food this year. 18. Hatch baby chicks <-- We had a surprise chick hatch way back in April! Very exciting, but very sad too as we recently lost both Chickster and her mum Cupcake to the Chook Plague that we just can’t seem to get rid of. Hopeful of more chicks in a few months.
20, Buy and wear a really nice dress <-- I am not sure if it was a really nice dress but it was nice enough and I wore it!
21. Send random packages of loveliness to people I care about <-- one package sent more planned. 26. Be brave <-- hey I bought a dress didn't I?? Am planning to do something else very brave soon too. 27. Grow Dill, luffas and bottle gourds. <-- one third done on this one - Dill growing nicely on my window sill at the moment! 32. Scrap my own photos <-- see here but I am still sorely lacking in this department.
35. Sing Karaoke <-- Singstar counts for this yeah?
36. Buy a new CD <-- does it count if someone gave me a new CD? Since being gifted with the lovely Jason Mraz I can't actually think of any CD I want to buy. Suggestions anyone? Things I am currently working on.... 1. Spend a day with my best friend – just her and me, no kids, no husbands, just a lot of chatting. <-- Amazingly this one is about to be marked off as done! When I added it to the list I never actually thought I'd get to do it, but I am about to book flights to sunny Brisbane for a day and night with one of my favourite people! VERY excited! 7. Draw something and frame it <-- I've been drawing, just not ready to frame yet. 24. Make a scarecrow <-- we have made a start on this... deadline for the scarecrow competition is September 5th! 30. Carve my own stamp <-- I just entered this comp over at The Habby Goddess and if I win I will a stamp carving maniac!
The rest? Well, some of these things are still achievable but some have either passed us by or just aren’t likely to happen…
2. Make an intentions poster <-- just need to do it! 4. Make postcards from some of my designs and photos <-- can I justify the $$? 5. Go to a Drive in Movie <-- planned for during the summer 6. Start a collection of BIG letters <-- still looking 8. Take a trip somewhere purely to take photos <-- a trip for spring I think. 9. Make rhubarb fizz drink <-- collecting bottles growing the barb! 10. Take the girls to see a musical <-- maybe we'll go to Mary Poppins when it comes later in the year but I prefer a nice amateur performance of The Sound of Music. 11. Play in the snow <-- it hasn't snowed on our mountain this year and isn't likely to now. 12. Run 5 kms <-- I bought a wii fit, sure that is a step in the right direction? 13. Sleep alone in my bed <-- so not going to happen. 14. Spend a day browsing op shops and junk shops with a friend or two. <-- another spring trip - I think Daylesford and surrounds is my plan. 16. Own and read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life <-- just need to buy it! 17. Make jam and don’t screw it up <-- waiting on suitable fruit to grow 19. Take a risk, wear my hair in pig tails <-- I guess doing it at home doesn't count! 22. Sew a simple quilt for Muski’s bed, or mine. <-- or as a baby gift? I have plans. 23. Go to the beach in winter. <-- there's still a little winter left yes? 25. Play with Shrinky Dinks <-- still looking for local supplier 28. Paint a wall with chalk board paint <-- after we renovate, sometime next year! 29. Make lots of paper cranes <-- Christmas decorations? 31. Hang a wall of pictures. <-- another post renovation plan. 33. Grow sprouts <-- the kits are expensive, wonder if it is worth it? 34. Dye my hair red – well strawberry blonde maybe? <-- still not game! I've got until January 20th 2010 to see how much of my list I can achieve...It looks like a lot, but I'm still hopeful!