I have been reading ‘month in review’ posts on heaps of blogs lately and just love the idea. A big part of this blog (apart from sharing my scrapping) is to record life, all the stuff I might actually be able to look back and laugh about in years to come if only I could remember them! So this seems like a great idea to me! The only problem is, my memory is shot and there is no way I am going to remember all the important stuff that happened in the last month! So I have a plan.. I plan to bore you all with a weekly review every Sunday… or Monday as it now is (but I did start this post on Sunday just got sidetracked!)or at least as many as I can be bothered doing!
So here it is… our week in review!
What we did this week!
A first birthday, a third birthday and Bye Bye Bubba J party. So many good friends, way too much sugar and not enough sleep! Add into the mix play group and me trying to keep my brain in one piece and it has been a busy week.
Si has not been around for much of it either, working, then going down to his mums then off to Nagambie on firewood detail, but we managed to spend the whole day together on Saturday and celebrated with pancakes for lunch… mmm more sugar!
Words of the week!
This week has been the week of ‘I neeeeeeeeeed’s especially from Izzy.
Also ‘that’s my favorite’ seems to be a recurring phrase…. ‘that’s my favorite CBD, dinner, sister’ We’ve also spent a fair bit of time giggling over Zoe’s pronunciation of Dorothy (as in the dinosaur) and getting her to say and sing it over and over again ‘Doridee, Doridee would you like to dance with me!’
Highlights of the week!
– My children refuse to remain clothed for more than 3 minutes. They are now helping each other to get out of more complicated clothing and even overalls with a body suit won’t keep them in.
– It is millipede season here… the damn things are everywhere and some stupid male in this house had the bright idea of telling the girls they are ‘pet worms’ so now they want to catch them all!
– We did ‘Wiggles aerobics’ twice this week which makes me feel better for not sitting on my bum for the entire time despite the fact that it has been cold and wet all week. The Wiggles really should pick up on this brilliant idea of mine, I think they’d make a fortune selling aerobics videos with all the moves done to the wiggles music and with captain feather sword as the instructor to keep the kids entertained while Mum and Dad work out!
– We painted this week, on two seperate days. We have not painted in ages since the last attempt ended in an hour of hysterical tears when it was time to pack up. This time we still had tears but I managed to time it to end right at lunch time and so a big plate of cheese on toast distracted them from their wailing.
– we ended the week with our first colds for the year, yay!