I used to join the Things I Know link up every Friday… then I stopped.
I didn’t know anything else worth sharing.
I still don’t know anything worth sharing, but I’m sharing anyway.
So here they are… random things I know, accompanied by random photos.
* It’s cold. And wet. I don’t like cold and wet.
* Our internet is always dodgy when I have a deadline or a date with technology.
* I feels great when a project you’ve been helping with comes together and is launched! Things They Didn’t Tell you about Parenting is an ebook anthology featuring 32 Australian Bloggers (including me!) and all proceeds go to Foundation 18.
* Lego is a gift from the universe to stressed parents everywhere, or am I the only one who’s kids play Lego nicely together for hours on end?
* It is never silent here. Even at night there are people snoring, and breathing loud, and talking in their sleep… not mention the noisy midnight cows.
* Silence is strange when you haven’t heard it for a long time.
* Climbing to the top of a ‘spider’s web’ in the playground, riding a giant bike over speed bumps and then challenging a friend to a swimming race all in the matter of an hour isn’t a good idea if you want to be able to walk during the following week.
* Interesting people and good conversation make for a fabulous time.
The silence, good conversation and sore legs all came courtesy of Big4 Bellarine’s Mum’s Night Out last weekend. Thanks so much to Sophie and her team for putting on this fabulous event. I’m taking my kids back to Big4 Bellarine in a few weeks and I’ll blog some more details about this awesome family holiday spot then!
Do you know anything today? Of course you do!
Link up with Singular Insanity and join in with Things I Know!
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own:
[email protected] says
I don’t like cold and wet either – we also had windy today, the bad weather triffecta! Glad to hear you all had such a wonderful time at Big 4 Bellarine – will have to check that out the next time we make the trek to Victoria.
Dorothy @ Singular Insanity says
The cold is a bit hard to handle, but I have ducted heating, so refuse to complain. And I wish my kids would get back to their Lego. There is so much of it around the house and it doesn’t get played with.
I think I’m glad I missed the Great Race and saved my energy for the dance floor :-)
Thanks for linking up!
What a great post Kate….i really enjoyed the things you know and your pics! I know i was loving the warm Autumn weather and now the rain is back again which is depressing!
I now know about that ebook which i am going to have to check out…thank you!! Glad you are a part of it!
I also know that one of my twins is going to be awake crying again tonight because we seem to have hit the night terrors and i am stumped about how to handle them so off to bed for me…have a great weekend…hope it warms up for you x
Kate Sins says
Aaahhh, I know lots this week but couldn’t get my act together to put it in a post!
It was so great to see you last weekend. The whole thing was so wonderful, they did such a good job. My kids are going to love going there but I’m going to have to fight them for the jumping pillow!
I don’t like cold either, but wet and I get along fine. So long I’m inside. Nothing like the sound of rain on a tin roof. And yes, Lego is truly awesome.
LEGO is completely awesome!
Nat - Muddy Farmwife says
Love your list Kate.
My Internet is the same, I keep emailing to complain, it improves for a couple of days then goes back the same.
I have been thinking lots about silence and noise lately. Funnily enough I’m waiting for a blackout to just enjoy the silence of nothing electrical running, no humming or whirring or ticking, just silence.
Thanks for sharing your list.