Last year at around this time I discovered that I was actually turning 36 and not 37. In honour of my ‘Bonus Year’ I wrote a list – 36 things to do during my bonus year. The deadline for that mighty list is fast approaching and I am beginning to take stock, to tally up and see just exactly what I managed to achieve…. not to mention, what I might be able to squeeze in over the next few days!
1.Spend a day with my best friend. – DONE!
I still can’t believe I managed this one, it should make up for at least half the things I didn’t manage to do!
2. Make an intentions poster – NOT
I could still squeeze this in you know… ah I am such a procrastinator
3. Hit the $250 mark for a month of sales of my digi scrap stuff. – DONE
Thanks to the ace promo months at PBP, not so much due to my hard work, but still!
4. Make postcards from some of my designs and photos – NOT
5. Go to a Drive in Movie – NOT
6. Start a collection of BIG letters – NOT
7. Draw something and frame it – IN PROGRESS
I have drawn something, have it framed but not hanging it till after the renovations are done, so sometime in 2011!
8. Take a trip somewhere purely to take photos – NOT
9. Make rhubarb fizz drink – IN PROGRESS
Trying to squeeze this one in before the deadline but it has to sit in the bucket for a few days before we bottle it!
10. Take the girls to see a musical –SORT OF
Does taking them to see two ballets count?
11. Play in the snow – NOT
12. Run 5 kms – NOT
13. Sleep alone in my bed – DONE
Miracles do happen!
14. Spend a day browsing op shops and junk shops with a friend or two. – NOT
15. Grow flowers just for the sake of them being flowers – DONE
See photo above.
16. Own and read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life – IN PROGRESS
I’ve ordered it for my birthday, should arrive any day!
17. Make jam and don’t screw it up – NOT
I chickened out.
18. Hatch baby chicks – DONE, done and done!
19. Take a risk, wear my hair in pig tails – DONE
Only at home. Yep… I’m a big fat chicken!
20, Buy and wear a really nice dress – DONE
Dress now collecting dust in my wardrobe
21. Send random packages of loveliness to people I care about – DONE
Twice, but wish is had been more often.
22. Sew a simple quilt for Muski’s bed, or mine. – NOT
23. Go to the beach in winter. – DONE
Not sure it was technically winter, but it was cold!
24. Make a scarecrow – DONE
Prize winning scarecrow now a lovely place for the crows to roost after they destroy my seedlings.
25. Play with Shrinky Dinks – NOT
I really want to find an Aussie distributor of the ink jet ones.
26. Be brave – DONE
I met a blogger who I very much admire but it was very brave for me to meet up with someone I don’t know in real life, even if I did hide behind a huge piece of vanilla slice.
27. Grow Dill, luffas and bottle gourds. – SORT OF
I got dill to grow, but not the other two.
28. Paint a wall with chalk board paint – SORT OF
It’s not paint but I just ordered some of these blackboard wall stickers!
29. Make lots of paper cranes – SORT OF
We made a fair few to go on our christmas tree.
30. Carve my own stamp – NOT
31. Hang a wall of pictures. – NOT
Once again, after the renovations are finished!
32. Scrap my own photos –DONE
But not often enough
33. Grow sprouts – NOT
34. Dye my hair red – well strawberry blonde maybe? – NOT
I’m so very chicken.
35. Sing Karaoke – DONE
Cause singstar totally counts!
36. Buy a new CD – DONE
I went hi-tech and bought mp3s online!
So I’ve counted and I reckon that’s about half the list done, and yes I counted all the sort ofs, maybes, and in progresses (it’s my list, I make the rules)! That’s not too bad since I put a fair few things on the list I never really thought I’d actually get to do and I spent most of the last three months dying of pregnancy and not doing much at all. (darn should have put ‘vomit a lot’ on my list!)
So the million dollar question is… Am I game to make a new list??? And what should I put on it??
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own:
“vomit a lot” lol, what an achievement!
Seems like you’ve done very well with your list! Maybe the leftovers can go on your next list? Btw, I think 36 things to do in a year is a lot, I’m in the process of making a “30 things before 30” list; I have 3 years to do it in and I think that’s not long enough for some of the things I’ve put on there! Maybe I should add some more achievable goals! Anyway, so a year to do 36 things in does not seem like very much time, and I think you’ve done a fab job of getting most of it done!
Karen (miscmum) says
*gasp* Was #26….me?!
Goodness, you are a darling. You know, we will always have vanilla slice. It can be our ‘thing’ :)
I so need to do a list like this. You and Maggie Mason at Mighty Girl inspire me to do it. I live so much in my mental world of writing/reading/publishing goals that sometimes I forget about ‘me’
I hope you’re birthday is great. Have a good one :)