I’m feeling a bit blah at the moment.
I don’t know what it is exactly… hormones? the weather? old age? I don’t know, but it’s all I can do to put one foot in front of the other some days.
Normally I would try to fight the blahs, or at least make complex plans to combat whatever mysterious thing is getting me down, even if I never carry out those plans, but I think I might give in for a little while and just wallow for a bit.
I’m going to stop wasting time trying to plan away the blahs and spend that energy doing all the little things that keep me sane.
I’m going to notice all the good bits, that seem like a waste of time or an indulgence, but are actually the things that keep me afloat when I am sailing on the sea of blah.
These things ten things that keep me afloat:
- A good book on my kindle – I’m too tired to hold up a real book in bed. I’m reading All The Light We Cannot See (affiliate link) at the moment.
- A long, hot, deep bath… with no one coming in to ask me ‘just one thing’.
- Green apples and ice water.
- Vanilla ice cream with chopped up bananas and way too much ‘ice magic’ (you know, that self hardening chocolate stuff that is sure to clog my arteries, cause cancer, and kill my brain cells, what do you call that stuff?).
- House and garden boards on pinterest – it’s nice to dream and make plans that will probably never happen.
- Stupid facebook message chats with friends full of terribly inappropriate gifs and memes.
- Candy Crush. What? Don’t judge it’s perfect for a few minutes of escapism!
- Walking and talking and walking and talking.
- Winning a good game of Rat-a-Tat-Cat against my five year old and my husband.
- Genuinely Stocked Goats facebook page – I dunno, there is just something about goats that I find hysterical.
What little things keep you afloat when you are sailing on the sea of blah?
How do you get over the blahs? I’m open to all tips and tricks and advice!
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own:
Thought I was the only one who found goats hysterical (working on a plan to tempt my husband to let us get a mini one as a “lawnmower”).
I love a good episode of Doctor Who to get me out of blah-ville. Or Pride and Prejuide and Zombies (seriously HILARIOUS). Or checking out abstract/intuitively painted art journal pages on Pinterest. SO MUCH COLOUR! And I love drippy paint.
Wait… Pride and Prejudiced with zombies???? I think I need some of that!