I learnt a lot of cool stuff this week. Some of it is relevant, useful, information, some, not so useful…. but hey, I know stuff and this is it…
- Peccaries have self sharpening tusks and can take on a Jaguar, and occasionally win.
- The music for the Grandfather in Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf is played by a bassoon.
- Hot water is heavier than cold water and sugar water is heavier than plain water, so stir your drinks before you drink them.
- A Slow Loris (see the above image from wikimedia commons) is a small, ultra cute, primate from South East Asia.
- Only female mosquitoes bite.
- Melbourne Symphony Orchestra has approximately 100 full-time permanent orchestra members.
- A Qat is a kind of ever green shrub and a killer scrabble word!
- Elephants are colour blind.
Have you learnt any useful, or useless facts this week? Share them with Yay For Home’s Things I Know link up!