Five Green Frogs – Kid’s Music Printable

Our three and a half year old boy loves to count. He counts everything and anything that has numbers in it, on it, or part of it is definitely his ‘favourite’ at the moment. He also likes green. Combine numbers, counting and green things I’m suddenly the ‘best Mum ever!’

Since I am working towards my ‘Best Mum Ever Badge’ I made a surprise for my coughing and wheezing boy. Five, green frog stick puppets!

kids songs fvie green frogs printable puppets

Using a nice piece of log and a piece of blue tissue paper we set up the perfect stage for our frogs to jump into the pool, one by one. We’ve sung the song forwards and backwards, we’ve jumped in more than one frog at a time and had to count how many that left and I am still hearing requests to ‘sing it one more time…. pleeeeeaase’. So I think I can chalk up a fair few points towards my merit badge today.

In case you are working on your own Mum Merit Badge I’ve made my five green frogs into a printable pdf.

You can print the five green frogs puppets here or just click on the above image to download the pdf.

Then just print, cut around the grey outlines and contact or laminate. Then just eat five ice creams, or take the easy way out and buy some ice cream sticks at the craft shop and stick them on. And there you have it!

This is how we sing the frog song –

Five Green and Speckled Frogs – A Counting Song.

Five green and speckled frogs,
Sat on a mossy log,
Eating some most delicious bugs.
Yum! Yum!
One jumped into the pool,
Where it was nice and cool,
Now there are four green speckled frogs!

You could also use a frog puppet for the Mr Frog song.

Mr Frog

Mr Frog jumped out of the pond one day,
And found himself in the rain.
Said he, I’ll get wet,
And I might catch a cold..
A…. A…. A-chooooooooooo!
So he jumped in the pond again.

There are lots of great frog songs – what’s your favourite?
I’ve been requested to make more puppets – do you know any other good counting songs or finger plays that would lend themselves to puppet making?

If you like these, then you’ll love our other free printable puppets.
Find more free printable puppets here.

1. Mel says

Thanks for sharing Kate they are gorgeous! I am printing them for sure.
    5 little ducks would be good if you are looking to make more, you know the one, 5 little ducks went out one day over the hill and far away.

• katef says

oh yes five little ducks… I even have some ducks I drew for another project! Thanks for the idea!

• katef says

I was thinking of five current buns, because I love that song! I like the Ten in the Bed idea too… we sing that a lot around here!

Pretty sure I have the 5 icy pole sticks, and this might be something I put in the good behaviour lucky dip box we are starting :) Some very fine looking frogs indeed!

Kate, I linked your site from my blog because your frogs would go good with my Frog and Pond printables. I hope that it was ok. You are
    so witty have you ever thought of writting? I read a lot of your post and laughed and laughed! Thanks, Gwyn

Kate, I have made over 100 different stick figures for my blog since I found your blog and posted on my blog. I have become obsessed with making stick figures to go with about anything. Did you like my blog and were there any printable that you printed? Take care, Gwyn

Thank you! They are awesome – I love the realistic set up as well! I’ll be sure to print these and add them to my goodie bag for work!

6. learningmontessori says

5 little monkeys sitting on the tree teasing mr. alligator, 5 little pumpkins, One, Two, Tie My Shoe

7. Jill says

Thank you so much for offering this as a free printable! I downloaded it today to use in my preschool (toddler) class. Our June theme theme is “frogs and bugs” so it is perfect! I also loved the idea of using blue tissue paper and will use that for my bulletin board. I am making frogs with accordian fold legs and green lily pads so it should look great :)

Just found your blog (it’s frog day at Storytime today!) and I love your little profile blurb! I can’t wait to read more — looks like you’ve got a lot of great stuff on here and those frogs are so cute!!!

Lindsey @ GrowingKidsMinistry.com

9. Melissa says

These are just gorgeous, my daughter is obsessed with the song about the 5 monkeys swinging in the tree who tease Mr Crocodile ….. just an idea

Trackbacks

1. [...] ahem… I mean, tiara, you might like to check out some of our other printables – Five Green Frogs Stick Puppets, Christmas Tags and Rainbow Cupcake Toppers. share the loveClose Bookmark and Share This Page [...]

2. [...] And I knew he would be as soon as I saw the idea on Pinterest.  I printed these five frogs from Picklebums.  Then I attached craft sticks and inserted them into a paper towel tube with tiny slits cut into [...]