Imperfect Mondays and a free Printable Postcard

October 17, 2011

prtinable post card

Mondays are one of those insane days where I feel like I am constantly running round in circles and dropping all the balls in the process.

It’s a day where I seem to do nothing more than drive back and forth between school and home and kinder and home and school and kinder and home and ballet and home. It’s like some crazy roller-coaster ride and I want to get off, but I can’t.

The more stretched I get the more I yell. The more I yell the more I get stressed. The more I get stressed the more things I screw up.

This morning I had a To Do List a mile long, with a tight deadline. It all started so well, but then it all went to hell in a hand basket…

I burnt a HUGE pot of rice that was to be our dinner. I spilt a cup of water into the basket of clean, dry washing. The big boy tripped over the toys he hadn’t put away and hurt his head and I think the baby may have eaten half a packet of crayons.

Somewhere along the way I lost my mind… I yelled at my boys, and at myself.

Yep, it’s crazy Monday all right, and something has to give.

Today the thing that has to ‘give’ is my blog.

I want to write a fabulous perfectly imperfect post, but it’s just not going to happen.

It is hard for me to walk away from something that I love, something that I had high up on my to do list for today. But I am not perfect, and I can’t do everything. My children need me more than my blog does. My boy needs me to go and do parent duty at kinder and my baby needs me to serve something more nutritious than crayons for lunch

So today’s lesson on being perfectly imperfect is bought to you by fish and chips for dinner and knowing when to cross things off your to do list and just walk away.

But before I go here is a quick perfectly imperfect printable for you. Print out and surprise a friend with one of these postcards. You can download them in a zip file here

perfectly imperfect banner

And if you are having a perfectly imperfect day then why not join me and blog about it like Shae from Yay From Home did… this post is amazing! For more info on my Perfectly Imperfect month and link up check out this post.

{ 15 comments }

veggie mama October 17, 2011 at 12:23 pm

We’ll be here when you get back xo

Amanda October 17, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Actually Kate I think this is a fabulous perfectly imperfect post! A perfect example of how we have to be flexible and imperfect with our plans!

Becci October 17, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I inadvertently posted about being a bit fail/win as a parent last night! Will enjoy popping the postcard on my blog. Thankyou.

Sarah October 17, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Well it is a great post. It may have not been the post you had wanted but it was a post that showed you accept that you are Imperfectly Perfect.

And I am sure the kids wont mind the fish and chips either.

We all have days like you are having. Hope tomorrow is better

Marita October 17, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I think this post captures exactly what it means to be perfectly imperfect.

cate October 17, 2011 at 2:38 pm

As the other commenters said- this is perfectly imperfect. And we have an almost identical Monday and will also be indulging in Fish and Chips for dinner, and for my sanity!

umatji October 17, 2011 at 2:40 pm

hah! great post – totally get that and i only have 2!!

Meegan October 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Hi Kate,

Here’s hoping that after writing this post, and spilling your guts to us all, you feel a bit more calm and ready for whatever the afternoon brings :)

I love that you are Perfectly Imperfect – otherwise your words probably wouldn’t resonate with so many of us out here in the Blogosphere!

xo

Sarah H October 17, 2011 at 6:10 pm

You never know, they crayons could have been really tasty! Thanks for a Monday giggle. Hope Tuesday treats you a bit nicer :)

Amy @ MahliMoo October 17, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I think this is an fantastic perfectly imperfect post!

My day was like that yesterday, every thing that could go wrong did…

Hope your Tuesday is 100 times better!

CreativeBusyHand October 18, 2011 at 12:41 am

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Oct. 17, 2011. Thanks again.

Lindsey Spitz October 18, 2011 at 2:00 am

You’re inspiring Kate! I just posted my own Perfectly Imperfect post on my blog. Thanks for leading the way.

christine hutton October 18, 2011 at 4:27 am

thank you, hope tomorrow is better for you love christine in italy xx

Kate @ Puddles and Gumboots October 18, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I actually think you rather nailed an imperfectly perfect post even if it wasn’t what you had envisioned in your head. I love the postcards and I’m going to put them on my fridge I think :-)

Miki October 8, 2012 at 6:48 am

What a great idea! Love it! I’m going to look into your blog now :D.

Hope you’re having a fun weekend!

Miki.

Comments on this entry are closed.