2011 Christmas Printable Series – Christmas Postcard Template.

November 21, 2011

2011 christmas printables series

So I may have given some of you a heart attack on Saturday when I proclaimed there was only four weeks till Christmas. Of course, I was a week ahead of myself and really there is five weeks till Christmas.

FIVE WEEKS???

Arrrghhh!!!!!

Instead of running around screaming “It can’t be Christmas, I’m not ready” I’ve decided to embrace the excitement of the holidays and get busy making some printables to share. Every Monday from now until Christmas I will have a new Christmas printable for you. I may even throw in the odd extra one here and there, who knows!

This week’s printable is for all those who, like me, are too scared to even think about a personalised Christmas card for this year.

Each year I try my best to get a photo of all our kids together. I use all manner of promises, props and bribes to get them all to stop poking each other and look at the camera with some semblance of a smile at the same time. It never ends well…

I made a half hearted attempt at a Christmas photo yesterday afternoon, and the only shot that came out semi decent had the smallest with his finger up his nose and one of the girls rolling her eyes in disgust.

I give up.

I know there are lots of you out there who are having the same problem, so I’ve created a Christmas postcard template with spaces for 6 different photos.

2011 Christmas Printable Postcard Template

No more wasting hours trying to get all the kids in one photo! Just snap each kid on their own, or even choose a few of your favourite photos from during the year. Pop them into the template and you are done!

2011 Christmas printable postcard template

The template comes in a zipped folder which includes the layered template in both .psd and .tif format, as well as a .jpg image to print on the back of the postcard.

Just download and unzip the file. Open one of the layered templates (.psd works for photoshop and many other photo editing software, or .tif will work in most programs, even those that won’t open a .psd) and simply drag and drop your photos above each photo layer. Resize the photos to fit nicely and you are done. Save as a jpg and you are ready to print.

This Christmas postcard template is sized to fit Vista Print standard postcards. You can simply upload the front and back images when prompted and order your postcards. It is a fairly standard postcard size so it should fit postcards from other printing companies also, but please check with your printer before ordering. Or you could just print the front image on photo paper and attach them to blank cards.

You can download the free Christmas postcard template here

{ Please Note : I am not being compensated by Vista Print, nor am I affiliated with them in any way. I have used them to print postcards in the past and been happy with their quality and price. }

Meredith Covert November 21, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Hi
Thank you so much for letting everyone download your template. I am however having trouble downloading the file. It is requiring a password to download the file? Thank you for your help! Love the Xmas card!

katef November 22, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Apologies for the problems…. I’ve updated the post with a new link which should work. The new link is –

Rosie W November 21, 2011 at 4:37 pm

That is beautiful! Thanks so much. I tried to take a group photo of the kidlets the other day but it didn’t work so well.

Rosie W November 21, 2011 at 4:38 pm

(Actually – it says I need a password to download it.)

katef November 22, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Apologies for the problems…. The new link is –

Belinda November 21, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Hi! I tried to download your cute Christmas card design (thank you for sharing!!), and made an account on the 4shared website, but the website still says I need a password to access the file..??

Hmm….??!! No idea what to do from this point!

Amanda November 21, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Hey Belinda, you need to sign up to that particular website to get a password to download..

Trace November 21, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I got the same thing… and I also accidentally downloaded something called SweetIM!!!?

I managed to download the writing paper last time… eventually! Not the most user friendly site is it?

katef November 22, 2011 at 11:03 am

damn it… I am having trouble with this one…
THIS is the correct link!

sorry!

katef November 22, 2011 at 11:06 am

So sorry… I am having trouble with this one…
THIS is the correct link!

sorry!

Belinda November 22, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Thank you!! It worked fine this time :-)

Trish November 21, 2011 at 6:10 pm

This looks perfect for me Kate. I just need to work our a program to use.

katef November 22, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Trish I think you do all that you need to to edit this using photoshop express http://www.photoshop.com/tools

And possibly you could also use picknik – http://www.picnik.com/

or Aviary – http://www.aviary.com/tools/image-editor

All of those are free online editors that should do the job… I think!

Crystal November 21, 2011 at 7:15 pm

its asking for a password….

??? help….!

katef November 22, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Apologies for the problems…. I’ve updated the post with a new link which should work. It’s –

Leonie November 21, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Oh thats such a cute idea.
I did a shoot with my kids.. two wouldn’t cooperate but finally got one semi okay one…
this is my post about it – with the out takes

Jackie November 21, 2011 at 7:30 pm

These are brilliant.
Gee, you’re clever!

Mum-me November 21, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I would love to download this great template – thanks for sharing – but 4shared is asking for a password and I’ve read your post at least 6 times but can’t find the password!

Kate November 21, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Wow!! I clicked on the link here from Planning With Kids….thank you so, so much for this template!!! It’s fabulous, I love it, I will use it for my Christmas cards this year (and possibly for ever more).

Thank you!!!

kate November 21, 2011 at 8:59 pm

i too cant access it due to it wanting a password????? :(

katef November 22, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Apologies for the problems…. here’s a password free link

Renee November 21, 2011 at 9:01 pm

hi it says you need a password??

katef November 22, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Sorry for the problems…. I’ve updated the post with a new link which should work now –

Paula November 21, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Hi there.
Love this idea but am having trouble as I need a password. Any suggestions?

katef November 22, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Apologies for the password problems…. I’ve updated the post with a new link which should work. The new link is –

CreativeBusyHand November 22, 2011 at 12:36 am

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Nov. 21, 2011. Thanks again.

Emily November 22, 2011 at 1:31 am

Hi! I can’t open the file either as it says I need a password! I think this is brilliant. Thankyou so much for sharing it with us!
Love Emily :o)

katef November 22, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Sorry for the link mix up – here is a new link that should work without a password.

Emily November 23, 2011 at 6:05 am

Aw bless you for replying to each comment with the correct link! So looking forward to using this. Thankyou so much! :o)

Heather Stokes November 22, 2011 at 5:48 am

I get the same thing. Must have password to download? This is ADORABLE. Would love to have it. = ) THANK YOU

katef November 22, 2011 at 11:04 am

oops.. I am having real trouble with this one…
THIS is the correct link!

sorry!

Heather Stokes November 22, 2011 at 11:20 am

THANK YOU – THANK YOU – Doing the Happy Dance = )

Melissa @imaginationsoup November 22, 2011 at 6:39 am

you rock, Kate! (in awe at your savvy artistry on the computer . . .)

Anon November 22, 2011 at 6:58 am

Looks great, love to use it, but need a password to download it :(

katef November 22, 2011 at 11:04 am

Oh gosh … I am having loads trouble with this one…
THIS is the correct link!

sorry!

Anon November 22, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Thanks so much!!!

Heather @ Life Gluten Free November 22, 2011 at 9:22 am

Aw I love it. Very cute and colorful :)

Marilyn R December 3, 2012 at 11:56 am

Thank you for this gorgeous template!! I’m completely clueless as to how to use it though. The online photoshop express only takes jpgs, and the front image is a tiff or psd. And aviary and the other one you recommended have both been taken offline. I tried using my windows photogallery program but that doesn’t work I think.

Any help would be appreciated because I would LOVE to use it!

katef December 3, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Yes unfortunately they keep discontinuing all the online photo editing software and I can’t keep up!

The best thing to edit this with is photoshop or photoshop elements. You could also use GIMP with is a free downloadable software, but there is a fairly steep learning curve. Hope that helps

Marilyn R December 3, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Ha ha, yes it’s crazy isn’t it?? Is there a way I can convert your tiff front image into a jpg then so I can use the online photoshop express? Sorry to be such a pain!!

Kamya November 10, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Hi Katie
I absolutely LOVED using this template last year for our Christmas cards and got some many positive comments. Thank you so much. I am just wondering if you are you thinking of doing another for this year as I would love to use another of your designs again. Many thanks in anticipation

Kerri-Anne November 19, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations. The link to the postcard keeps asking for a password…is there any other way I can access it?
Thanks Kerri-Anne :)

katepickle December 3, 2013 at 12:44 pm

My apologies for taking so long but I have put the zip file on my own server and updated the link – it should work fine now :)