Printable Roads!

Free printable roads! Download, print and play!

The smallest member of our family likes ‘twucks’, and cars, and pretty much anything with wheels.

Right now all he wants to do is drive vehicles over every available surface, crash them into each other, and build ‘sheds’ for them to live in.

We have a set of lovely wooden roads that combine with our wooden train set, but we just don’t have enough of them. The road stops too soon and there is not enough corners of crossroads. So I figured I had better make some more roads.

An hour or so mucking around on the computer, plus two new ink cartridges (why does ink always run out at the worst possible moment?) and now we have as many roads as we like!

Free printable roads! Download, print and play!

These turned out even better than I had hoped. I printed out two sets to begin with them just printed out extras of each road shape as we needed them.

Free printable roads! Download, print and play!

Adding trees and blocks and signs our roads quickly became a town with a parking lot, a tunnel and, of course, a shed!

Free printable roads! Download, print and play!

Because we were in a hurry to use them I just printed them on plain paper, cut them out and got busy playing, but I think I’ll laminate them so they can go in the box with the cars for future use.

You can download, print and play with your own set of printable roads!

Free printable roads! Download, print and play!

The roads come as a six page A4 pdf document. You can download the printable roads here, or click on the sample image above. Then just print, cut and play.

We’d love to see how you play with the roads, so if you download them please take a photo and share it on my facebook page.

You can find more of our fun printables here and make sure you are following me on Pinterest for loads more fun ideas.

Great printables as always Kate and LOVE-ing the dolls, blocks, trees you have used with them. I’ve been working on some trees that actually look quite similar… Can you tell me where the dolls came from in the 2nd photo? They’re divine!
    Off to share this x

• katef says

My Dad made the trees, the turned blocks and the people. I may have a few sets for sale soon – if I can get my act together!

• katef says

We just used blocks to hold down the roads at first, but after I laminated the pieces they lay much flatter and stay put, any that were a problem we added a bit of blue tack to :)

2. Theresa in Texas says

Could hardly believe my eyes when I saw this today–been working on finding just the right “roads” for several days. These are definitely the best! I subscribed to your blog for ideas to use in packing shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. I don’t sew but was thinking of making a roll up using “heat and bond” but I think your roads will fit in the shoeboxes just fine and will give the child many more options that the small fabric one I would be able to fit in. Again thank you so much!! I don’t believe in coincidences, I believe in “God-incidences and this is certainly one!

3. jaime@FSPDT says

so cool. Much better than the ones i drew for my son a few weeks ago for an activity we did. Pinning this so we can use them in the future:-)

Fantastic! I have a feeling all my kids will get a kick out of these, 3, 6 & 11 year olds. :) I don’t have a printer, but will be downloading and sending them to work for the DH to print (I took a redundancy from my day job last week, so no longer have a printer on call for of my own.)

I foresee lots of school holiday fun!

• michelle says

this is such a great idea my son will love it .
      my printers not working but l have a white pen /white paint and some black paper so l will try that .

5. Lesley says

Loving the print out road! My son loves it, we’ve stuck them down on card and added small world animals, cars! Love it thank you..

• katepickle says

More than happy for you to share an image with a link back Rachel. Send me an email if you need anything else :)

Hi! I love your printable roads! We made some similar ones out of felt for our daughter. Took a bit longer but fun to make :)

We featured your post in a round up of similar do-it-yourself toy car ideas on our blog and linked back here!

Love your blog!

gracias, exelente idea. Nos alegro una tarde de lluvia. Utilizamos el reverso de papel usado y una caja de carton para incluir pendientes y un tunel

8. Heather says

how simply awesome! I’ve been looking at the expensive track sets in the store and not liking what I’ve found. I laminated the roads and added tabs with velcro so that they can stick together much like the wooden and plastic train sets connect. My kids love them! I also saved on ink by printing one set (draft quality) to serve as a template then used BLACK cardstock with white out (no white paint in the house) to make multiple sets. Thanks for the idea!

9. Ashley says

I have been looking for something like this for ages! The little boy I look after is going to absolutely love these. BIG THANKS!

10. Ces Rivera says

These are very helpful to my preschool unit in land transportation. Thank you for sharing it online and for free! God bless you! :)

Trackbacks