Five Currant Buns Free Printable Puppets

September 10, 2013

I think this is the printable I get the most requests for, so after checking and double checking that it was in fact ‘currant’ not ‘current’ I finally whipped up a batch of currAnt buns for you!

Five Currant Buns - free printable puppets!

And if that wasn’t enough they come with some coins too so you can set up your own little baker’s shop like we did. Though I think my baker is the cutest one around, don’t you?

Five Currant Buns - free printable puppets!

We put out puppets on clothes pegs this time so we could easily get them on and off our ‘shop display’ (aka a cardboard box).

Five Currant Buns - free printable puppets!

We spent all afternoon buying things from our little baker, and singing the song over and over and over.

Five Currant Buns - free printable puppets!

I also co-opted my sick kids to help me sing to this crazy animation we made, just in case you don’t know how the song goes. Please ignore poor singing and any random renovation banging!

Here are the full words that we sing:

Five Currant Buns

Five currant buns in a baker’s shop,
Round and fat with a cherry on the top!
Along came a girl with some money one day,
Bought a currant bun and took it away.

Four currant buns in a baker’s shop…

Three currant buns in a baker’s shop…

Two currant buns in a baker’s shop…

One currant bun in a baker’s shop…

We interchange ‘girl/boy’ with someone’s name so they know when it is their turn to choose a bun and when we get to the end we make a big deal of mixing up and cooking another batch of buns so we can sing it all again!

Five Currant Buns - free printable puppets!

Download your own set of currant buns here and have fun in your own baker’s shop!

You can find more of our free printable puppets here!

Find more free printable puppets here.

Katie @ The Imperfect Housewife September 10, 2013 at 6:23 pm

These are great Kate! Can’t wait to give them a go with the girls. Bring on play time tomorrow!

Em @ snowingindoors September 10, 2013 at 11:16 pm

So I know what I’ll be doing when Annie comes home from school later, teaching her this song!
I love how you included a £ sign too, Annie likes to think she’s Australian but sadly enough we live in England ;-)

katepickle September 11, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I was trying to think of other currency signs to include, but drew a total blank, so dollars, cents and pounds it is! LOL

Jo-Anne July 14, 2014 at 8:17 am

There’s always the euro currency sign.

Alisha September 11, 2013 at 2:43 am

Love all the beautiful and fun printables you share with us! You are so talented and generous…thank you very much!

Marie September 11, 2013 at 3:35 am

Hi, thanks for a lovely resource. Have printed off some of the other puppets too, which will come in very useful at our nursery.

Eva @ The Multitasking Mummy September 11, 2013 at 12:05 pm

This is just beautiful and so special. I love your photographs, I love the video and singing. I can’t wait to make this.

Lucy @ Bake Play Smile September 12, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Oh what a cute idea! I absolutely love these printable currants! I’ll definitely be printing these out and using them in my classroom!
Thanks Kate :-)

Kate September 12, 2013 at 11:32 pm

I love these! I have seen the kids at pre school singing this song and acting it out a lot, they all love it. Great printable.

Danya Banya September 12, 2013 at 11:35 pm

They were singing this in JJ’s preschool today, so your timing is impeccable! :)

Jode@mummymusingsandmayhem September 13, 2013 at 11:37 pm

Fantastic Kate, I have some felt ones I have been using for years but these would be a great extension and the peg idea is great!
I know I keep saying it but gosh your little man is cute!!!

Kelly September 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Stop being so clever and awesome.

Bek {Just For Daisy} September 16, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Very cute set! And certainly a cute baker in that outfit!
I’ve heard this a few times via ABC iView so will have to get Daddy to print these off for Miss Daisy!

Kate R September 17, 2013 at 9:08 pm

These are so fantastic. You know, I have just realised that my girls don’t have a cash register. They play shops all the time but they are not so great at the whole trading thing. Most things are given away freely haha! Must get them a register! Can’t wait to try it out with these gorgeous currant buns!

Amber K March 15, 2014 at 8:51 pm

I used these with my Playschool groups last week. Huge hit with all my groups! Thank you so much for providing the printable :)