I’m all about last minute.
Got a presentation to give? Write it on the plane on the way to Sydney.
Got a deadline to meet? Finish your article at 11:55pm and submit it fast.
Got a party to go to? Make your cupcakes the morning of the event, you’ll figure out some way to decorate them….
That was me this morning, madly baking banana choc-chip muffins and trying to come up with an Easter-themed way to decorate them.
Of course, when all else fails… make a printable!
I whipped out the bunny from last year’s postcards, made a few modifications, printed, cut, stuck and ‘ta-dah!’…. bunny cupcake toppers!
You can download these Easter cupcake toppers here, in case you find yourself in this tricky situation in the lead up to Easter, or any other time when bunnies may be an appropriate way to spruce up your muffins or cupcakes.
And here is our favourite, super easy, banana and choc-chip muffin recipe, because it is always a good time to make muffins!
|Banana and Choc-chip Muffins|| || |
- 125 gm softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 mashed bananas
- 2/3 cup choc-chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 C.
- Before you start whizz up the 1/2 cup of oats in your food processor till it is fine, like flour, or close too. Or you can skip this step and just add an extra half cup of flour.
- Mix butter and sugar together well, until they are light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Combine the oat flour with the self raising flour (or you can use all purpose flour and add 1.5 tsp baking soda) and then gently mix that in, alternating with the milk. Mix through the mashed banana and finally the choc-chips.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and pop them in the oven for 20 minutes, or until they are just starting to go brown on the top.
How about you?
Are you all about the last minute or do you always get organised early?