It’s official… the school year is half over and winter holidays have begun!
The winter holidays are designed for staying home and pottering about. We’ve got one or two outings planned, but mostly we’ll just enjoy some art, some Lego, some friends, and some DVDs. I can’t wait. This term has been good, but busy, and we are all tired. The thrill of not having to get out of bed on freezing cold mornings can not be underestimated.
Here are a few things I’ve been checking out online as I wait for this week to be done and dusted…
1. Oh how these wise words spoke to me.
2. I knew our love for imaginative play was a good thing.
4. My big boy had a Lego birthday party last weekend and while combing the internet to find cool activities and games to play I also found these cool Lego related activities – the Minifig Generator, How Lego Builds Minifigs video and loads more cool Lego stuff (thanks to Eduart 4 Kids for the link)
5. Need to keep your kids engaged while you cook dinner or do some other important stuff? This week at Kidspot Village Voices I’m sharing my go to activity to keep little hands busy so I can get stuff done – Threading Pasta 3 Ways.
6. Google Reader really is going bye bye so if you use it you really need to get yourself and your reading list out of there quick smart. I am loving Feedly (it’s easy to transfer your google reader list over to Feedly), and here are some other ideas if you want to keep using a feed reader. You can also follow my blog here with Bloglovin, or you could subscribe to my feed via email which means you’ll get each post I published emailed directly to you.
Are you a feed reader? What will you use when google reader is gone?
And what’s floating your boat this week? Found any great links or cool articles?