This week has been insane.
Back to school, back to dancing, two nights of swimming back to back (a make up class for the one they will miss next week due to the school performance) and back to gym, and that is just the big kid’s schedule!
It is an omen of things to come I am afraid. The last term of school is always busy when we throw a dance concert, and a twin birthday into the mix, but this one will be exceptionally crazy with a school performance next week, a heap of new work for me, a gymnastics presentation to attend for the first time, and a 40th birthday. And let’s not even mention the C word… Christmas!! Arrrgh!
Part of me is determined to be orgnised and on top of everything, but another part of me, a BIG part of me, wants to go to bed and not come out till it is New Years! So right now I am just putting one foot in front of the other and tackling each thing as it comes up…
Is this time of year a season of craziness for you too?
How do you tackle it all?
Here are a few things that made me smile and helped me get through this week:
- 5 Things I Know About the Path – I think I am just trying to find a path, any path, right now, how about you?
- Maybe You Are Asking the Wrong Question – “I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.” ~ Helen Keller
- Lessons Learned from a Year of Staying in the Picture – I said I was going to do more of this when I first read about it, now I am saying it again.
- Flourless Chocolate Cakes – these sound divine, I wonder if they are hard to get right?
- And fueling my pinterest addiction two pin boards with lots of good links – my For School Aged Kids board and Shawn Fink’s (from Awesomely Awake) Peaceful Parenting board