This week we went from glorious warm sunny weather to freezing cold, wet and miserable.
I struggle with the wild changes of weather that happen here at this time of the year. One minute I am out planting beans with my small boy in the sunshine and eating icy-poles on the deck, the next I am scraping mud off my boots and wondering if the feeling will ever return to my frozen fingers.
I am blaming the weather for a week of grumpiness. A coughing disease has crept from one child to the next, making them just sick enough to be cranky. I am so behind on the washing despite paying Izzy to fold and put away four baskets full. And something has eaten three of my four pumpkin seedlings. It has been kinda miserable inside and out here this week.
And as I sit her whingeing about the weather, the bush fires still burn in New South Whales. I caught some images on TV the other night and it so heartbreaking to see the devastation. The bank of low grey rain clouds that cover the top of the mountain suddenly seem beautiful as I know that soon enough we will be packing out escape box, checking our fire plan, and worrying about our mountain burning.
Here are some slightly less miserable things to inspire you this week :
- Funny Bunny Faces Game – my lot will love this cool drawing game.
- And here are a few more drawing game free printables with various themes.
- Schools can join Story Box Library for free right now, I know a prep/one class who will enjoy this.
- DIY Marble Bowling – I can see this happening in our house with sets of plastic cra… ahem… I mean Moshi Monsters.
- Lego Marble Run – have you got Lego mad kids like me?