Well you know it had to happen eventually… three year olds are primed for this stuff… but we now are definitely living in the world of ‘WHY?’
Mind you it is not a simple one word ‘why?’ which you often just get repeated over and over. At least my girls ask carefully considered whys…and require in depth answers…
“Why are we going to Audrey’s party today?”
– well because it is on today, and don’t you want to go?
– well then that is why!
“Why don’t you like to eat tuna and vegemite sandwiches?”
– well because some people like some foods and others like different food.
“Why do I like tuna and vegemite sandwiches?”
– well do you think they taste good?
– then that is why!
“Why do the chooks poo on the verandah?”
– Well chooks need to poo…. um…. er….
“Why does the baby cow’s milk get put in the shops?”
– because .. well.. because people like to drink it… um… er…
“Why does your red car have wheels?”
– well because all cars have wheels so they can go
“yes but why does YOUR car have wheels?”
– um…. er…. because it does!
“Why does our baby move around in your tummy?”
– um… because it wants to
“why does it want to?”
– er.. because it just does!
“Why are the shows we like not on the TV right now?”
– um… because they just aren’t
I know I have placenta brain but man.. some of these questions are seriously hard to answer!