It’s cold and wet.
You have a giant zucchini sitting on your kitchen bench.
You have a five year old wailing because he is ‘boooorrrred’.
What do you do?
You make muffins that’s what you do. Carrot and Zucchini Muffins!
These muffins are a slight twist on our favourite (no nuts) carrot cake recipe, switching out half (or more) of the carrot for zucchini and adding extra sultanas and delicious spices. Even though this recipe makes a lot of little muffins, they never last long!
|Carrot and Zucchini Muffins||
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon all spice (or mixed spice)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cups canola oil
- 1/4 cup yoghurt
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots and/or zucchini
- 1 cup sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and spices in a medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk sugar, oil and yoghurt in separate bowl until well blended.
- Add in the eggs 1 at a time, whisking well after each one.
- Add flour/spice mixture and stir until blended.
- Stir in carrots and zucchini, and sultanas.
- Fill cupcake liners almost to the top and bake for approx 30 minutes or until a skewer poked in the middle comes out clean.
You can of course make these with nuts instead of sultanas and with all carrot, or all zucchini, but don’t mess with the spices as that is what really makes these little cakes delish!
Do you have a favourite muffin recipe?