I’m baack! Did you miss me?
It’s a lovely humid 27 degrees Celsius here today, a blessed change from the searing 44 degree days of last week, but I can’t complain. While the power went out here at home and it was revoltingly hot both inside and out, the picklebums and I escaped to my parents place and revelled in air-conditioning and free baby sitting. It was like a mini holiday, with us all sleeping on the floor in the living room together… and actually it was very enjoyable.
Though, now that we are home, I’ve got a hundred things that I should have done last week that I need to do today…. with a lovely break always comes the aftermath. So here’s a quick run down on a few things that have been happening.. to catch you and me up in the world of the blog.
– The Twindoes visited their new kinder on Thursday and are all set to start tomorrow. The 1pm start time can’t come quick enough for either them or me.
– We’ve been gifted with loveliness from various family members who thought of us when they had things they no longer needed or could use
– Muski has added some more words to his minimal vocab – ‘ouch’ and ‘up’ and ‘nannnneeeee’ (Nanny). I can’t reply on him to use them when they are needed and still no Mamma or Dadda but progress is progress!
– We know a lot of kids who are starting school today (or this week) and I’m in two minds about whether I’m glad or sad that the girls are not among them. We saw several of the mums from their old kinder down at the shops this morning and all of them asked when the girls were starting (not knowing we had decided to hold them back for a year) and for the first time since we made the decision the girls were a little upset about not going to school.
– I got two lovely presents in the mail today!
– I’m working behind the blog scenes on my new blog design and an upgrade of wordpress (scary since I chickened out and haven’t done it for like three versions). I am hopefully getting set to implement it all in the next few days so if things go wonky around here, or the blog is down, don’t panic.. it just means I’ve broken something and I’ll be doing enough panicking for all of us if that happens.
OK… that is all.
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own:
Welcome home, of course you were missed.
I suspect all thoughts of school will be erased once kinder starts again. With all your changes it certainly sounds like you have had a busy time.