1. It’s hot here. A nice early blast of summer, which in general I love, but it has it’s draw backs. Like the fact that it’s been too hot to plant all the seedlings currently taking up space on my window sill.
2. I have fifteen lime green leotards and 15 antennae head bands in the back of my car. Please don’t let me loose/break/forget any of them in the next four weeks.
3. I wonder if we can get away with two school dresses each? Plus a polo shirt and jacket, and maybe a pair of shorts, each? And a school bag, each…. And what shoes do kids wear to school these days?
4. The girls are planning to make it rich with their twin guinea pig circus show. I wish them luck… the guinea pigs that is.
5. A trip to Ikea is always good.
6. I am planning to make 40 odd sprinkle covered cupcakes on Wednesday, in between kinder and school and life. it sounds crazy, but it is so much better than birthday plans we’ve had any other year!
7. I should be chugging through the mountains of laundry in this good drying weather… but I’m not.
8. Is it better to have an even number of list items, or an odd one?
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own:
3 dresses each would be better…does school have a clothing pool??
I love Ikea …lucky it is so far way
I am chugging uo and over Mount washmore as we speak
I would love a cupcake
I have to weed then plant a few popcorn
I hope the guinea pigs make you a fortune.
I’d go with odd numbers. Makes it easier to knock one out if you change your mind
It’s bloody hot here too but luckily my seedlings are in. Now I can just watch them die in the heat.
List numbers odd or even – don’t care either way.
I’ve only ever had 2 uniforms for each kid. Works OK, you just need to make sure you put them in the washing each day … not good when you find one thrown under the bed.
I reckon 2 dresses and 1 polo top + 1 shorts or 1 skirt and bike shorts per child would be fine. How exciting – school!
In prep and maybe grade 1, DD wore mary jayne shoes but after that, she wore runners every day (good runners, not just dunlops). DS wore runners from the very first day.
Now DS is in highschool, it has been a rude shock to have to wear black brogue type school shoes every day (and a tie!)
lets get the boys together soon! wld invite you my way, but my house is currently a building site LOL!
LOL it depends do you have OCD?
Man Candy says
In your case Kate, an odd list is definetly more interesting :-)
So does this mean that princess or angelina Ballerina themed school bags might be a suitable christmas presents?? maybe containing other stuff too?
hey your layout is so cute :D did you make it yourself?
and, yeah summer is here and it is very hot in Melbourne :S I am fanning myself at night to sleep :S nope, no aircond yet
Hey since u hv a blog. Hehe. U might wanna check http://www.ozbloggers.com. It’s new & expanding :) connects via Twitter
I say do yourself a favour, and buy one uniform per day per child. There is nothing better than having a whole weeks worth of uniforms washed and ready to go on a Sunday night :)
We have managed to work with 2 uniforms and a sports uniform. I have bought more polo tops for the boys from the second hand store, but have found socks to be the biggest issue. I always wish we had more socks!