Sometimes you just have to throw all your good intentions out the window and make something quick, easy, and sweet.
For those times, I give you my super simple, not at all healthy, Jam Swirl recipe.
Actually this isn’t so much of a recipe as it is a set of instructions…
|Super Simple, Not At All Healthy, Jam Swirls||
- Frozen puff pastry sheets
- jam of any kind
- cinnamon and sugar mix
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius and pop some baking paper on a large tray.
- Separate your puff pastry sheets and let them defrost for a little while. One sheet makes about 20-22 swirls so only defrost as many as you need.
- Once defrosted, spread the pastry with the jam of your choosing and sprinkle on lots of cinnamon sugar.
- Roll up your jammy, cinnamon-ey, pastry into a long scroll, try to keep the scroll as tightly rolled as you can.
- Slice of sections of scroll with a sharp knife, about 1cm thick and place them on the tray.
- Pop the tray into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the scrolls have puffed up and turned a golden brown.
- While still hot sprinkle with a little more cinnamon sugar and eat them while they are still warm!
[img src=”https://picklebums.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jam-scrolls-1.jpg” alt=”jam scrolls” title=”super simple, not at all healthy, jam scrolls” width=”460″ height=”305″ class=”aligncenter size-full wp-image-11741″ /]
[img src=”https://picklebums.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jam-scrolls-2.jpg” alt=”jam swirls” title=”Super Simple, Not At All Healthy, Jam Swirls” width=”460″ height=”695″ class=”aligncenter size-full wp-image-11753″ /]
So if you need a quick and easy sweet treat and you don’t care too much about nutritional value… these are definitely for you!