If talk of spew makes you want to join in, you’d best click away now…
We’ve been living in the land of vomit for the past 24 hours and in that time I have learnt a few things…
1) You can not catch a five year-old’s vomit in your cupped hands no matter how much you want to avoid it getting on the couch.
2) Despite rinsing and washing twice, you will probably find chunky bits in the pockets of your shorts when someone vomits in your lap.
3) No matter how well you tie her hair back, clips and all, she’ll still manage to get vomit in her hair.
4) Even 5 mls of phenergan seems a lot when it comes back up.
5) The Small Boy really does inhale his food whole.
6) You can guarantee that just as one child stops vomiting and falls asleep around 1am, the next one will start.
7) You will have to make tough decisions – like whether or not you should eat the last magnum ice cream and risk vomiting it back up if you get the bug too.
8) Even when you have changed clothes and had a shower you will still smell like vomit.
9) The amount of washing is not propionate to the number of people who vomit… there will be way way way more than you think there should be.
10) Waiting to see if the last child will start vomiting is just as painful as living through the first two doing it, but not as bad as contemplating the idea of the Baldy Boy getting it too.