Despite the dismal rain and cold weather we’ve had this past week or two it is indeed summer here. Summer and the beginning of six weeks holidays.
I have this idea that we’ll fill the next six weeks and beyond with all kinds of glorious things. From big outings to simply enjoying pottering around at home in the warm weather. Oh yes, I have plans for summer…. but then I always have plans, I just don’t actually see them through very often.
Here are some of the things I want to do this summer…
– Take another trip to Healsville Sanctuary (Australian Animal Zoo) before our zoo pass runs out
– Pick Berries (I say this every year but we never get our acts together at the right time and I am pretty sure this year will be no different)
– make a scarecrow
– have a sewing day with friends
– have friends up for BBQs and not care about the state of our house or yard
– do a paddock photo shoot with a photographer friend
– potter in the garden, plant for autumn and put in more herbs
– organise a produce swap with ABers
– take at least one photo every day (now I know I won’t do this but maybe if I try I will take one every few days at least)
– make mud pies
– draw and paint (and I am not just talking about the kids)
– go to the park
– go to the Daylesford markets and the produce swap day over there.
– go for a drive and a picnic with the whole family
– go to the beach and the pool
I also wouldn’t mind just hanging around doing nothing for the whole of summer…. hmmm… see why I need 2009 to be The Year of Balance??