First of September.
It is actually sunny here for the first day of spring 2007, but as you can see from the photo above it is a tad windy and not exactly warm! Still, the grass is oh so green and the girls want to go outside so those two things alone make for a good day!Lets build on the good and go with some spring cleaning of my life… I am going to bite the bullet and post a list of things I want to achieve before Christmas. I am not usually one to post a ‘to do’ list on my blog, mostly because then I’d have to admit to how many things on the list I didn’t actually do! So I am being brave this time and hoping that a healthy dose of accountability might help me actually get some/most of these things done!
Spring clean the house…
– buy new blinds for the front window and get rid of the curtains and old broken venetians
– clean the windows, especially the kitchen windows!
– sort through the girls clothes and shoes and toys – store, giveaway and chuck out.
– get on top of the laundry and stay that way!
– empty wash and refill the beanbag or chuck it out!
– sort out a basic system for getting house work done.
– sort out the kitchen cupboards
Spring clean the garden …
– weed and prepare vegie garden
– plant spring/summer vegies both inside to plant out and direct sow.
– get first round of vegies in by October, second round by November.
– do something about the round-a-bout
– tidy, plant and sort out the back garden once the chickens are gone.
– orchard fence and plant trees
Spring clean my children …
– new shoes for the girls summer
– new swimmers and new hats for the girls
– buy nappies for Muski and one wet pants for the girls
– no more nappies during the day for the girls, at all! If things don’t improve by their birthday make a pead appointment
– plan for the birthday party – order art supplies!
– attempt to sew a mei tai for Muski and more nappies
– take more photos of my family
– go outside more
Spring clean myself!…
– update blog
– spend more time designing and less time wasting browsing online!
– sort out some kind of exercise even if it means spending money!
– new shoes, new clothes that fit!
– get a hair cut!
– start a list of books and actually read some!
– work on a special project
– master the art of making bread rolls that are not rocks!
– get organised for christmas presents!
– go berry picking!
– slow down and remember to enjoy each day while it happens!Ok I am sure there is so much more I want to add that I can’t think of, but that will do for now. Now let’s see if I can manage to acomplish some of this by my Christmas deadline!
Happy Spring everyone!