First of September.
First day of Spring.
Time to get my life in order!
It is actually sunny here for the first day of spring 2007, but as you can see from the photo above it is a tad windy and not exactly warm! Still, the grass is oh so green and the girls want to go outside so those two things alone make for a good day!Lets build on the good and go with some spring cleaning of my life… I am going to bite the bullet and post a list of things I want to achieve before Christmas. I am not usually one to post a ‘to do’ list on my blog, mostly because then I’d have to admit to how many things on the list I didn’t actually do! So I am being brave this time and hoping that a healthy dose of accountability might help me actually get some/most of these things done!
Spring clean the house…
– buy new blinds for the front window and get rid of the curtains and old broken venetians
– clean the windows, especially the kitchen windows!
– sort through the girls clothes and shoes and toys – store, giveaway and chuck out.
– get on top of the laundry and stay that way!
– empty wash and refill the beanbag or chuck it out!
– sort out a basic system for getting house work done.
– sort out the kitchen cupboards
Spring clean the garden …
– weed and prepare vegie garden
– plant spring/summer vegies both inside to plant out and direct sow.
– get first round of vegies in by October, second round by November.
– do something about the round-a-bout
– tidy, plant and sort out the back garden once the chickens are gone.
– orchard fence and plant trees
Spring clean my children …
– new shoes for the girls summer
– new swimmers and new hats for the girls
– buy nappies for Muski and one wet pants for the girls
– no more nappies during the day for the girls, at all! If things don’t improve by their birthday make a pead appointment
– plan for the birthday party – order art supplies!
– attempt to sew a mei tai for Muski and more nappies
– take more photos of my family
– go outside more
Spring clean myself!…
– update blog
– spend more time designing and less time wasting browsing online!
– sort out some kind of exercise even if it means spending money!
– new shoes, new clothes that fit!
– get a hair cut!
– start a list of books and actually read some!
– work on a special project
– master the art of making bread rolls that are not rocks!
– get organised for christmas presents!
– go berry picking!
– slow down and remember to enjoy each day while it happens!Ok I am sure there is so much more I want to add that I can’t think of, but that will do for now. Now let’s see if I can manage to acomplish some of this by my Christmas deadline!
Happy Spring everyone!
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own:
Can we all nag at you about these things if you don’t update us? ;)
Nic,Beren & Freya says
Wow ! :-) LOL at bread rolls that aren’t rocks, and oh we want to go berry picking too !
Yay Spring Day!! This is my fave day of the whole year :D
That said, I’m not even game to post my Spring Clean lists yet… I’m too scared even to make them! But you have inspired me and there are jobs that NEED doing here too LOL.
*hugs* and good luck!!
4 little ducks says
Oh that is quite an impressive list! Lists like that scare me! Good luck with it and I’m sure you will achieve it all!
Oh heck I’m tired just reading this Kate.
Wow, what a list! Good luck with it!