These great Christmas Perler bead ideas will keep the kids happily crafting all holiday season!
For a long time our tub of fusible beads sat in a cupboard unused and unloved, and then out of the blue one day my kids decided to give them a go and they have been obsessed with these little colourful beads every since! Now the kids regularly get out the Perler beads to create something, and even spend time sorting them into colours and searching the internet for new ideas.
Perler beads (you might also know them as Hama beads, or fusible beads) are a great craft activity for kids aged around 6 and all the way up to adults (there are bigger fusible bead options for little hands too). It’s a great activity if you have multi age groups and the perfect tween craft option.
If you are new to fusible beads and need some tips, or if you are looking for some fun patterns, check out our bumper list of Perler bead tips and ideas here.
And check out some of our favourite Perler bead supplies:
Christmas Perler bead crafts are a fun way to keep the kids busy and you can make so many lovely Christmas decorations and fun gifts too.
Christmas Perler Bead Ideas
Break out the tub of fusible beads and warm up the iron because these are the best Christmas perler bead ideas!
- Perler Bead Christmas Decorations from Blue Bear Wood.
This is such a clever way to use Perler beads that doesn’t involve melting them!
- Perler Bead and Snowflake Ornaments from Pink Stripey Socks
This is another great way to make non-melted Perler bead decorations that look gorgeous!
- Printable Christmas Perler Bead Patterns from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls.
There are 12 different patterns in this set of fabulous Perler bead Christmas decorations. My favourite is the penguin!
- Christmas Star Craft Ornaments from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Combine fusible beads with this homemade clay recipe to make these lovely Christmas decorations.
- Santa Suit Alphabet from Perler.
Use these fun Santa suit letters to make a gorgeous Christmas garland, or make the first letter of your name to hang on the tree.
- Christmas Perler Bead Ornaments from Crafulate.
This another great set of printable designs. I love the simple Santa hat and snowman, perfect for beginners.
- Perler Bead Ornaments from Housing a Forest.
These Perler bead ornament ideas are lovely. I especially like the Christmas tree ornament.
- Winter Animal Perler Bead Patterns from Fun Loving Families.
These four cute animals rugged up for the winter make lovely Christmas decorations.
- Scandi Inspired Hama Bead Christmas Decorations from Jennifer’s Little World.
These red and white Christmas decorations would look lovely hanging on the Christmas tree.
- Christmas ornament DIY using Perler Beads from merriment designs.
This glass ball Perler bead ornament is amazing!
- Melting Beads Stocking Ornament from Craft Ideas.
This cute stocking pattern is easy to make and would be a lovely tree decoration.
- Perler Bead Christmas Ornaments from Kelly Leigh Creates
This set of Christmas Perler bead patterns includes a snowflake, bauble and candy cane.
- Hama bead Christmas Wreath from Craft Me Happy.
Make a gorgeous mini Christmas wreath.
- Hama Bead Stars from Sewing Daisies.
I love the unique design of these star decorations.
- Fusible Bead Christmas Decorations.
This is a super easy way to make fun Christmas decorations.
- 3D Christmas Tree Perler Bead Project from The Cents’ Able Shoppin
The kids will love making these 3D Christmas trees.
- Christmas Perler Bead Gift Boxes from Krysanthe
This is such a clever way to use Perler beads to decorate a gift box.
- Perler Bead Ornament Gift Tags from Crafts Unleashed.
These cute holiday ornament frames double as gift tags!
- DIY Christmas Coasters from Real Creative Real Organized.
These coasters would make a great handmade Christmas gift.
- Perler Bead Christmas Snow Globe Craft from viivilla.se
This is a super cute Christmas craft idea
- Perler Bead Gift Boxes from @Karensperler.
These adorable little boxes would be great for a table decoration, a tree decoration, or for a teeny tiny present!
- Ornament Cards from Perler
This is a lovely way to make homemade Christmas cards.
- A 3D Hama Bead Gingerbread House from Jennifer’s Little World.
You could make a whole village of these adorable little gingerbread houses.