It’s not that our Christmas tree needs any more decorations, in fact it is so laden there is barely a spare branch left to hang anything on! It is more that sometimes we just need to make something, and Saturday was one of those days.
So my big girls helped me design and make these simple free printable Christmas decorations.
There is a dove and a Christmas tree and they come either in full colour, or a colour your own version.
We used our liquid water colours (we can’t get enough of them at the moment!) with cotton buds to paint our decorations, but you could just use markers if you like.
To make the dove decoration:
- Download the dove pdf file here and print it onto some card stock.
- Cut out the dove and the wings and decorate any way you like (we painted ours with liquid water colours)
- Fold the dove bodies in half and insert a string in between each side then stick them together to make a double sided dove body.
- Cut a slit along the marked line and poke the wings through.
To make the Christmas tree decoration:
- Download the Christmas tree pdf file here and print it onto some card stock
- Cut out the trees and decorate them anyway you like.
- Fold each tree down the centre line – scoring along the line will help you get a neater fold.
- Stick all the folded trees together to make one decoration.
- Secure a string down the centre before you stick the last tree in place.
These free printable Christmas decorations are a quick and easy Christmas craft activity, even quicker and easier if you use the full colour versions, and it satisfied the crafting urge that always seems to come on when I am super busy!
Have you done any Christmas crafting this year?