This is my third pregnancy and birth, but our fourth child.
People are often confused by this concept. Even those who know we have twins, somehow can’t wrap their heads around the numbers. Sometimes even I forget… but then I am 28 weeks pregnant with our fourth child – so I claim insanity whenever it suits me.
So third time round, what have I learnt about pregnancy?
1. The term ‘morning sickness’ was coined by a male who expected every pregnant woman to just suck it up and be over it by lunch time.
2. The same man invented the myth that ‘all day sickness’ would magically disappear at 12 weeks.
3. You can survive on frozen coke with a liquid iron supplement for weeks on end if you have to.
4. My babies all like to live under my rib cage, where they shove and kick and try to separate my ribs a little more each day.
5. Demonstrating skipping at school won’t make me have the baby, but it may make me wet my pants.
6. Despite my belly getting huger every second, I still can’t keep my pants up!
7. Third time round I am kind of blasé about counting – I only know how many weeks pregnant I am now because I felt stupid not knowing when so many people asked me!
8. Ice water, ice water and more ice water…. Don’t ask me why, it just makes me feel better.
9. In another week I’ll be more pregnant that I was when I had the girls and still miles away from when I had Muski…. That is such a strange place to be.
10. First, second or third time round, with one in there or two, it is still totally bizarre and really cool to feel the creature in my belly doing somersaults!