This is my third pregnancy and birth, but our fourth child.
People are often confused by this concept. Even those who know we have twins, somehow can’t wrap their heads around the numbers. Sometimes even I forget… but then I am 28 weeks pregnant with our fourth child – so I claim insanity whenever it suits me.
So third time round, what have I learnt about pregnancy?
1. The term ‘morning sickness’ was coined by a male who expected every pregnant woman to just suck it up and be over it by lunch time.
2. The same man invented the myth that ‘all day sickness’ would magically disappear at 12 weeks.
3. You can survive on frozen coke with a liquid iron supplement for weeks on end if you have to.
4. My babies all like to live under my rib cage, where they shove and kick and try to separate my ribs a little more each day.
5. Demonstrating skipping at school won’t make me have the baby, but it may make me wet my pants.
6. Despite my belly getting huger every second, I still can’t keep my pants up!
7. Third time round I am kind of blasé about counting – I only know how many weeks pregnant I am now because I felt stupid not knowing when so many people asked me!
8. Ice water, ice water and more ice water…. Don’t ask me why, it just makes me feel better.
9. In another week I’ll be more pregnant that I was when I had the girls and still miles away from when I had Muski…. That is such a strange place to be.
10. First, second or third time round, with one in there or two, it is still totally bizarre and really cool to feel the creature in my belly doing somersaults!
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own:
nawww how beautiful (because it is you and not me :p LOL) love how each pregnancy brings with it new and old things. So sorry you have another spewy one but YAY for about to reach a milestone
LOL! Great list.
I really miss feeling a baby move inside me. It was so cool.
Too cute :-)
I love doing people’s heads in with the twin pregnancy math! It’s even more funny now we have the two boys as part of our family. I have 5 kids, have had 3 pregnancies (one with Zy) and only have one set of twins. Bua ha ha ha ha!
So you’re a frozen coke gal? I liked the frozen raspberry one. ;-)
Morning sickness is truly horrible. Aww I miss being pregnant, its magic (apart from the vomit of course, lol)
For someone who has had three pregnancy’s but only 3 children, i agree with the all the above, especially ICE WATER!!!
Glad its you and not me my dear. the thought of four of them makes me cry!!
Secret Mom Thoughts says
Feeling the baby move in your belly is one of the coolest things ever. Hope the morning sickness subsides soon.
Great list, but no. 1’s my favourite.
My husband (who really is a sweet man but God knows what got into him this day) said to me once when I was in labour, scared and complaining about the pain, “You’ve just got to suck it up babe”. I nearly punched him.