K.I.S.S – Keep it simple stupid!
After my recent baking fails, I decided to keep it nice and simple when my kids asked me if we could bake something last Friday afternoon. No fancy tricks, no new recipes, just something I have cooked a zillion times before that are easy and delicious – simple vanilla cupcakes, with butter icing and sprinkles, of course!
- 125 gm softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 190 C and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Beat the butter and sugar with a mixer till it is light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Gently fold in the flours a little at a time, alternating with the milk.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4s full and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
And here is a recipe for butter creaming icing (frosting). It is just a little buttery, and makes just enough to ice these cupcakes!
- 20 gm softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups of icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and icing sugar until well combined and creamy.
- Add the milk a little at a time, adding more or less depending on how stiff or runny you want the icing to be.