The lovely Strocel.com is a newish blog in my feed reader and I just can’t get enough. So I’m jumping on Amber’s bandwagon and blogging about what I learnt in June….
* I learnt that three is very very grown up, yet still so very small.
* I learnt that dirt can sometimes taste great!
* I learnt that there is something worse than having everyone at a party try to rub your 38 weeks pregnant belly…. that is someone who doesn’t realise you are pregnant at all, and assumes you are just really fat!
* I realised that my baby girls are growing up so fast and are so smart and so happy and proud to be learning so many new things.
* I learnt how hard it is to keep a small boy occupied when you are a gazillion weeks pregnant and the weather is freezing.
* I remembered how good it was to chat with friends. Even just an hour spent at an airport between flights or an afternoon spent on the couch… sheer joy.
* I learnt that a long slow labour and birth can be (and was) much more fun than a fast and furious labour and birth, but the outcomes can be remarkably similar.
* I learnt that although you may load up your ipod with great songs, and although you may even put it in your bag as you head out the door to the hospital, that doesn’t mean you’ll have any time to listen to it once you get there.
* I learnt that you always have great ideas, inspiration and motivation to create when you really have no time at all to do it!
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own:
LOL, although it wasn’t as fun for you, i really appreciated that acknowledgement about fast, furious births! I much preferred my longer births but still have pangs of hurt over people laughing at me for have saying i hated my shortest labour… Meanwhile, i might steal the idea you stole for a blog…
You lost me at the cake. Hehe.
Congratulations Kate! He is beautiful. I will have to go back through your posts to find out all the details now! Great idea to reflect each month on what you learn.
That cake looks SO GOOD!
And congratulations to you on your new baby. I had a very fast and furious labour the 2nd time, and I didn’t really like it, either. I suspect that there’s such a thing as both too fast and too slow in birth. But you pretty much just have to take what you get.
Aunty Sarah says
Man Candy and I had decided we might call #4 Q, but now I’m thinking Mini would be a better name! Though his Maxi brother might object. :)