Fun Food Play Dough Mats

Fun Food! Free Printable Play Dough Mats (They make great place mats too!)

It’s funny how things happen.

It started when we resurfaced our old dining table and I decided we needed place mats to protect the table a little, and that lead to me making some simple laminated place mats to help my big kids remember how to set the table.

But as soon as Noah saw the place mats his eyes twinkled and he said “Can I make a play dough dinner for that plate?”

And that is how my place mats turned into play dough mats!

Of course I couldn’t stop at just one, so I made a whole set of fun food play dough mats.

There is a cake stand so you can make and decorate a fabulous play dough cake.

Fun Food! Free Printable Play Dough Mats (They make great place mats too!)

Download the ‘Make a Cake’ play dough mat here.

And a sundae dish for making a yummy ice cream sundae!

Fun Food! Free Printable Play Dough Mats (They make great place mats too!)

Download the ‘Make an Ice Cream Sundae’ play dough mat here.

And lastly there’s the dinner mat, which doubles as a great place mat if you happen need one!

Fun Food! Free Printable Play Dough Mats (They make great place mats too!)

Download the ‘What’s for Dinner?’ play dough mat here.

Just print out the fun food play dough mats and laminate or cover each one in self adhesive paper and you are ready to make your own fun food creations.

Fun Food! Free Printable Play Dough Mats (They make great place mats too!)

These also work great with dry erase markers or crayons.

And now I need to make some actual place mats too!

We used the lovely soft early stART First Dough given to us as part of my ongoing partnership with Micador.

Make sure you check out our other free printable play dough mats!

free printable play dough mats - gardening and growing

You can find the gardening and growing play dough mats here.

free printable play dough mats - people
You can find the people play dough mats here.

oh you wonderful woman! Just popped over to get the right link to your blog for a post I am writing and then I see these little beauties! i have 4 4 year olds tomorrow that are going to love this! They are playdough mad at the moment and I have been running out of ideas…you are a little ripper ;)

• katepickle says

Do you mean the little tray that has the bits and pieces in it??
      That is actually recycled packaging from some frozen food! I kept it because I liked the shape and thought it would be useful!

Katie! I always get excited when I see you’ve made a valuable printable playdough mat for kids :D You’re so very creative! Oh, & I have been reading your last few warm and inspirational posts as well…these are many reasons why I follow your blog and read every post in full! , you are very sweet and REAL! Thank You!!!

3. Anne says

Hi there,
    Your website has Great ideas and Thank you so much for providing the printable mats of Make a Cake, What’s for dinner and Make a ice cream sundae.
    I am looking to work with preschool kids and I need ideas to take to the interviews.
    Again thank you,
    Anne

i absolutely love this idea. it’s such a great way to scaffold creative play.
    i’ve included a link to it in a blog post about play dough, with credit, of course.
    thank you! :)

Thank you, these are great! My 2.5-year-old son loves play dough, and we are learning about food this week at home and in speech therapy. These printables will work out well, I think.

6. Miranda says

Thankyou so much for making, posting and making them available to all! We have used them to draw on before laminating to make a permanent take-home placemat for our Draw My Dinner free drop-in session.

Just printed these for my kids, ages 2 and 4. Today was my 2 year old’s first time playing with play dough and I’m so excited to print out your other mats. You have the most fun printables!

8. Mirjam says

Thank you so much for sharing your printables with the world.
    I am from Belgium and will use this in my school.
    The children will LOVE it !!!

Trackbacks