Fun Food Play Dough Mats

July 22, 2014

Fun Food! Free Printable Play Dough Mats (They make great place mats too!)

It’s funny how things happen.

It started when we resurfaced our old dining table and I decided we needed place mats to protect the table a little, and that lead to me making some simple laminated place mats to help my big kids remember how to set the table.

But as soon as Noah saw the place mats his eyes twinkled and he said “Can I make a play dough dinner for that plate?”

And that is how my place mats turned into play dough mats!

Of course I couldn’t stop at just one, so I made a whole set of fun food play dough mats.

There is a cake stand so you can make and decorate a fabulous play dough cake.

Fun Food! Free Printable Play Dough Mats (They make great place mats too!)

Download the ‘Make a Cake’ play dough mat here.

And a sundae dish for making a yummy ice cream sundae!

Fun Food! Free Printable Play Dough Mats (They make great place mats too!)

Download the ‘Make an Ice Cream Sundae’ play dough mat here.

And lastly there’s the dinner mat, which doubles as a great place mat if you happen need one!

Fun Food! Free Printable Play Dough Mats (They make great place mats too!)

Download the ‘What’s for Dinner?’ play dough mat here.

Just print out the fun food play dough mats and laminate or cover each one in self adhesive paper and you are ready to make your own fun food creations.

Fun Food! Free Printable Play Dough Mats (They make great place mats too!)

These also work great with dry erase markers or crayons.

And now I need to make some actual place mats too!

We used the lovely soft early stART First Dough given to us as part of my ongoing partnership with Micador.

Make sure you check out our other free printable play dough mats!

free printable play dough mats - gardening and growing

You can find the gardening and growing play dough mats here.

free printable play dough mats - people
You can find the people play dough mats here.

Karen Ganon July 23, 2014 at 10:41 am

Thank you so much!

Nichole {youclevermonkey} July 23, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I love, LOVE this printable Kate! Printing out now ready for hometime :) Thanks for sharing it with us all

Jode@mummymusingsandmayhem July 23, 2014 at 6:13 pm

oh you wonderful woman! Just popped over to get the right link to your blog for a post I am writing and then I see these little beauties! i have 4 4 year olds tomorrow that are going to love this! They are playdough mad at the moment and I have been running out of ideas…you are a little ripper ;)

Megan Blandford July 23, 2014 at 9:21 pm

These are very cute! Both my girls are obsessed with playdough at the moment and they’d love these.

Jeannie July 24, 2014 at 2:25 am

What are the containers you used for manipulatives to decorate playdough?

katepickle July 24, 2014 at 11:03 am

Do you mean the little tray that has the bits and pieces in it??
That is actually recycled packaging from some frozen food! I kept it because I liked the shape and thought it would be useful!

Sol July 25, 2014 at 4:12 am

Muchas gracias me resultara muy Ăștil para mi clase.Un saludo.

Jennifer July 28, 2014 at 9:58 am

My daughter has a slight obsession with play dough so these are going to be perfect! Pinning now!

seon July 29, 2014 at 12:51 am

wow. Thank you so much.
It was my first visit.
I’m really looking forward to playing with my daughter.

Jeanine July 29, 2014 at 7:02 am

Katie! I always get excited when I see you’ve made a valuable printable playdough mat for kids :D You’re so very creative! Oh, & I have been reading your last few warm and inspirational posts as well…these are many reasons why I follow your blog and read every post in full! , you are very sweet and REAL! Thank You!!!

Laci July 31, 2014 at 12:47 am

Thank you so much for sharing!!! My twins will love these!

Anne August 7, 2014 at 4:45 am

Hi there,
Your website has Great ideas and Thank you so much for providing the printable mats of Make a Cake, What’s for dinner and Make a ice cream sundae.
I am looking to work with preschool kids and I need ideas to take to the interviews.
Again thank you,
Anne

Ruth August 10, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Thank you so much. this has saved my rainy windy sunday from becoming a meltdown!

Bernadette C @Aimless Moments August 17, 2014 at 2:02 am

I just printed a few of each of these out. They are great for rainy days, which we seem to be having alot of lately! Thanks!

essie August 21, 2014 at 8:52 am

i absolutely love this idea. it’s such a great way to scaffold creative play.
i’ve included a link to it in a blog post about play dough, with credit, of course.
thank you! :)

Heather Morgan September 2, 2014 at 5:10 am

Thank you, these are great! My 2.5-year-old son loves play dough, and we are learning about food this week at home and in speech therapy. These printables will work out well, I think.

Kylie @ Octavia and Vicky September 11, 2014 at 9:19 pm

These are just gorgeous, pinning, sharing, printing :)

Ankita September 15, 2014 at 3:51 am

super amazing… bravo..

Marcia September 21, 2014 at 9:24 am

Obrigada, por compartilhar seus trabalhos. Sou professora e estou sempre buscando ideias para minhas crianças.