If you need to keep a bunch of kids happy and entertained during the holiday season, these free printable Christmas activities for kids are the answer!
All of these free printable Christmas activities for kids require minimal set up, and are quick and easy to do without much adult input.
Keep all the kids busy while you are wrapping presents or cooking Christmas dinner with this awesome list of Christmas themed boredom busters for kids.
First there is the excitement of opening presents Christmas morning! Then there is a big fancy family breakfast, then a car ride to the grandparents’ house, seeing cousins, a few more presents, and then there is a lull in proceedings while all the adults rush around trying to get food ready for Christmas lunch. And it is during that ‘lull’ that the kids often get bored, and bored kids are never a good thing!
Bored kids whine, or get silly, or do things you’d rather they wouldn’t. You could just hope that your bored kids will find something productive to do, or you could just deal with whatever comes from the boredom as it happens, or you could arm yourself with some Christmas boredom busters!
Set your kids up for success and choose some of these fun, free printable, low-prep, boredom buster Christmas activities.
Free Printable Christmas Boredom Busters
All of these free printable Christmas activities require very minimal set-up, usually just print a few copies and that’s it. Many of these boredom buster ideas only require the printable and some pencils or markers, some will need scissors and a glue stick or tape, and there are few games that require a dice, so pop those supplies in a bag along with the print outs and you’ll be ready for lots of fun.
They are perfect for kids aged 3+, older kids can help little ones read instructions and manage any tricky steps, and I imagine there will be a few grown ups who might like to join in too!
Printable Christmas Activities for Kids
These ‘print and go’ Christmas activities are quick and easy to set up and will keep the kids busy with lots of fun options to choose from.
- Christmas Mazes from picklebums.
These fun Christmas themed mazes are a great, quick and easy, print-and-go activity.
- Christmas Find and Colour Activity from Picklebums.
Print a few copies of this fun find and colour activity, perfect for kids aged 3+
- Gingerbread House Drawing Prompt Printable from Picklebums.
Decorate a gingerbread house the easy way, with this printable and coloured pencils!
- Free Printable Letter to Santa Set from Picklebums.
Use this cute printable writing paper to write a letter to Santa.
- Christmas Word Search from Crayons & Cravings.
Grab a pencil and see who can find all the Christmas words first!
- Santa Word Search from About a Mom.
This is another great Christmas themed word search printable.
- Christmas Trivia Word Search from Growing Play.
For this Christmas printable you have to answer the trivia questions to find out which words to search for.
- Christmas Spot the Difference from Homeschool of 1
There are five different Christmas themed spot the difference printables to try.
- Gingerbread Man Dot To Dot Printables from Simple Everyday Mom.
Link up the dots then colour in these adorable gingerbread men.
- Trimming Santa’s Beard from Totschooling.
Preschoolers will love using scissors to give Santa’s beard a trim.
- Christmas Lego Mosaic Patterns from Childhood 101
Print these fun Christmas patterns and build Lego in a whole new way!
- Christmas Bookmarks to Colour from Kitchen Table Chronicles.
- Christmas Tree Color By Numbers from Planes and Balloons.
Break out the coloured pencils and get busy with this free printable.
- Polar Express Colour By Numbers from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Watch the movie and then have a go at these fun colour by numbers sheets.
- Christmas Jokes from The Craft Train
Have fun telling these Christmas jokes, or add a joke card to each person’s place setting for Christmas dinner.
- Christmas Music Workout from Toddler Approved.
Print these movement cards, turn on some Christmas music and get the kids moving!
- ‘How Many?’ Christmas Coloring Activity from Imagination Soup
Count as you colour with these fun Christmas printables.
- Holiday Lights Scavenger Hunt from Twitchettes.
Go for a walk around your neighborhood and see how many Christmas lights you can see.
Printable Christmas Games for Kids
Get the kids playing together with these fun and easy Christmas games that you can print and play.
- Roll and Colour Dress Santa and Decorate the Tree Game from Picklebums.
You’ll need a dice and some pencils or markers to play this fun game.
- Christmas Challenge Cards from Picklebums.
Use these printable cards for drawing prompts or a Lego building challenge. Set a time and see what you can draw or make in 1 minute.
- Christmas Word Games from Creative Family Fun.
Make up your own funny Christmas stories with these Christmas mad lib printables.
- Christmas Bingo from The Best Ideas for Kids.
Match five in a row and win BINGO!
- Roll A Santa Game from Simple Everyday Mom.
You’ll need a dice and some coloured pom poms or coloured pencils to play this game.
- Christmas What Am I? Game from Picklebums.
Print he game cars and play this fun Christmas game with the whole family.
- Free Printable Interactive Christmas Game from Rock Your Homeschool.
This is a super cool and fun game that your kids will want to play over and over.
- Roll a Reindeer Game from Kitchen Counter Chronicles.
Have fun building a reindeer with this fun printable game.
- Christmas Charades Game from Childhood 101.
Everyone will love playing this super fun Christmas charades.
- Christmas Movie Charades from Childhood101.
Add these Christmas movie charades cards to the original set (linked above) for a really fun game!
- Would Your Rather Christmas Questions from Kitchen Counter Chronicles.
Get the conversation started with these great printable ‘would you rather?’ question cards.
- Christmas Themed I Spy Game from And Next Comes L.
How many things can you find in this free printable I spay sheet?
- Printable Christmas Games from Fun Happy Home.
There are lots of great games in this printable pack that only need a pencil to play.
- Christmas Memory Game from Homeschool Preschool.
Print a set of these Christmas memory cards for a super fun game any time.
- Christmas Sudoku Puzzles from Gift of Curiosity.
Try your hand at one of these Christmas sudoku puzzles!
Easy Printable Christmas Art and Crafts for Kids
If your kids love making art and doing crafts, these printable Christmas art and craft activities are perfect. They need minimal supplies and are easy for kids of different ages to do.
- Printable Christmas Glasses from Picklebums.
You’ll need scissors and tape to make these glasses, but skip the glitter and just use markers or pencils for an easy Christmas craft.
- Paper Cone Christmas Decorations from Picklebums.
Make these cute cone Santa and Christmas tree with just scissors, tape and markers or coloured pencils.
- Gingerbread Man Template from Picklebums.
Print out some gingerbread cookies for the kids to decorate with pencils or markers.
- DIY Printable Snow Globe card from Handmade Charlotte
Grab some pencils and make a snow globe card.
- Free Printable Reindeer Antlers from Picklebums.
Grab some scissors and tape and a piece of string to make these fun reindeer antlers and ears.
- Elf Hat Colouring Pages from Kids Activities Blog
Have fun colouring in an elf or design your own elf hat.
- Gingerbread House Craft from Mum in the Madhouse.
Use the free printable to make this cute little gingerbread house.
- Printable Santa Craft from Simple Everyday Mom.
Cut colour and paste the pieces to make this easy Santa craft.
- Christmas Tree Tessellations from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls.
Grabs some scissors and coloured pencils and use the printable template to make this gorgeous collaborative art.
- Snowman Cut & Glue Craft from In the Playroom.
Have fun making a snowman, or turn it into a dice game with the roll and make sheet.
- Ugly Sweater Craft from Made with Happy.
Everyone will love designing ugly winter sweaters with this fun free printable.
- 3D Paper Christmas Tree Craft from Mama Smiles.
Grab some scissors and the printable template and give this clever craft a go!
- Christmas Flextangles from Red Ted Art.
You’ll need to colour these in, and then grab some scissors and glue to put this cool paper toy together.
- Printable Paper Change Template from Messy Little Monster.
Colour, cut and glue this free printable to make a Christmas cool paper chain.
- Christmas Word Doodle Art Challenge from Pink Stripey Socks.
These printable Christmas drawing prompts are so fun!
- Free Printable Santa Claus Paper Doll from Adventures in a Box.
You only need scissors to make these fabulous Christmas paper dolls.
- Free Printable Christmas cards to colour from Mum in the Madhouse.
Grab some markers and scissors and make some Christmas cards.
- Printable Expandable Christmas Cards from Red Ted Art.
These print, colour, and fold cards are so clever and fun.
- Easy Star Decoration from Picklebums.
These star decorations are easy to make and look gorgeous hung on the tree.
Now we are armed with a bundle of easy printable activities for the kids to do during the holidays.
No more bored kids while travelling, or while they wait for Christmas day to arrive, or while they wait for Christmas dinner to be served. I als think there might be some adults wh enjoy these Christmas boredom busters too
More Christmas Printables
If you are looking for even more Christmas printables you can find all our Christmas printables – activities, cards, gift wrap, decorations, and more here.