It’s become a bit of a school holiday tradition – when Dad is on night shift, we hire some DVDs, make some crazy over the top, snack and settle in for a night of movie watching together.
The last few movie nights we’ve made crazy gooey cookie bars, but these holidays we made something new. We made something new, crazy, and totally over the top sweet.
We made crazy lump cookies!
These crazy cookies are super easy to make, they only have 3 main ingredients, and you can whip up a big batch really quickly, and they are sweet. That might be a tad understated, they are really really REALLY sweet!
So if feed your kids a bunch of these and they have a hug sugar rush and trash your house… don’t say I didn’t warn you!
These Crazy Lump Cookies are based on these Heavenly Morsels from The Girl Who Eat Everything and Australianised a little!
Crazy Lump Cookies
These cookies are a little crazy and a whole lot delicious!
- 1 tin (397 gms) of condensed milk
- 1 250 gm packet of Marie or Milk Arrowroot bisuits
- 1 cup of chocolate chips and/or smarties and/or sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 180 celcius (approx 350 F) and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Using the food processor, crush the biscuits into fairy fine crumbs, leaving a few smallish pieces in the mix.
- In a large bowl combine approx 3 cups of biscuit crumbs with the tin of condensed milk, chocolate chips/smarties and sprinkles. Mix well.
- Leave the mixture to rest for a few minutes, then using two spoons or wet hands, make rough ball shapes with table spoons of the mixture and pop them onto the tray, flattening them slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they just begin to brown. They will be soft to touch when they come out of the oven but firm up as they cool.
Please note: this recipe uses Australian measurements and temperatures, if you need to convert measurements or temperatures you can find our printable cooking conversion chart here.
- Night At the Museum
- The Incredibles
- Jumanji (a bit scary, but my big kids love being a bit freaked out!)
- The Secret Garden
Have you watched any great family movies lately? Or eaten any crazy cookies?
If you and your kids love cookies you might like one of these easy cookie recipes.
Read the comments or scroll down to add your own:
Kate Lloyd says
Oh they look crazy delicious. You wouldn’t believe it but I have n opened can of condensed milk in the fridge that I’ve been waiting to use. I think these cookies are calling my name! LOL