This free printable outdoor adventure find and colour activity is full of campfires and tents, trees and flowers, and all kinds of outdoor adventures!
This is a great ‘print and go activity that is perfect for kids to do before, during or after camping, hiking or any outdoor adventure. It’s a visual scavenger hunt that challenges kids to use their math skills to find and count lots of different outdoor adventure themed images.
If your kids love outdoor adventures like camping or hiking, then this free printable I spy outdoor adventure find and colour activity is perfect!
This a great learning activity for kids at home, in the classroom, or even with your scout group.
Use this activity page as part of a camping theme, or print a stash to have available in your classroom for early finishers to grab any time. It’s also a great travel activity to do on your way to a camping or hiking trip.
If your kids love outdoor adventures they will also love these camping activities for kids.
How to Use the Outdoor Adventure Find and Colour Page
This outdoor adventure find and colour page is quick and easy to print, and lots of fun for kids of all ages!
To complete the find and colour activity all you need is some coloured pencils or markers and a keen eye to spot all the items.
Can your kids find every item on the list (we’ve included images as well as words for beginning readers) and colour in each one as they count it? Or challenge them to find and colour whatever you can see – “colour two dragon flies and four fish!” You could also race each other and see who can find all of the items on the list first for some extra fun!
Make up your own challenges to work on the skills you’d like to target with your kids. Challenge your kids to colour all the items that start with a particular letter, or challenge them to find which two items add up to 10.
What Kids Learn
Kids will work on lots of different skills while do this simple outdoor adventure I spy activity:
- Visual Perception – kids need to scan and identify objects in a busy scene, working on visual discrimination and tracking skills. They need to pay attention to details, identify shapes, and differentiate between objects, which are essential skills for reading, writing, and math.
- Math Skills – kids work on number recognition, counting (one to one correspondence), comparing and sorting, and you can easily extend the activity to work on subitising and simple addition.
- Language skills – kids practice and develop language skills as they identify and name each object. Younger children see print in action, and associate the words with the pictures (important pre-reading skills) and older children work on reading those words.
- Other Cognitive Skills – apart from all the maths kids are practicing, they are also working on problem solving skills, logical thinking, and using their working memory.
- Fine Motor Skills – coloring the items is a great way to work on fine motor skills and pre-writing skills.
Download the Free Printable I Spy Outdoor Adventure Find and Colour Activity.
You can download the outdoor adventure find and colour activity below and print as many copies as you need!
This printable is an A4 sized pdf file, you will need a pdf reader such as adobe acrobat to open it. It will fit to print on US ‘letter sized’ paper, just be sure to select ‘fit’ or ‘shrink to fit’ from your printer options to allow for printer margins.
Please remember that the printables at picklebums.com are for personal use only, you may not sell, share, or link directly to these files.
More Find and Colour Printables
If you’ve got some ideas for more find and colour printables, please leave a comment below and let me know. I can’t promise to make them all, but I love getting new ideas!
If your kids loved this fun find and colour activity they might also like these :