This cute free printable Christmas Jar label is perfect for adding to all kinds of homemade gifts this Christmas.
Use our easy strawberry jam recipe and add a printable Christmas label to each jar, or use it label cookies, cakes, or crafts!
Lots of rain + some sunshine = bucket loads of strawberries! Over the past few weeks we have had strawberries coming out of our ears!
We have made strawberry muffins, and smoothies and cupcakes, and pie and we’ve eaten so many fresh strawberries I am actually kinda over them (I never thought that would happen), but they still keep coming. The only thing left to do is make jam.
Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe
Now strawberry jam and I haven’t seen eye to eye in the past. In fact I refuse to have anything to do with the whole process for fear of making another batch of Smoky Mountain Strawberry Jam. Jam making is the domain of my husband, my only contribution is to wash and sort the berries, and eat the finished product.
We use a very simple recipe from A Year in a Bottle by Ally Wise with only a minor change or two, and it makes around 6-8 medium sized jars of jam.
- 1.5kg of washed, hulled strawberries
- 1.5kg of sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 lemons
- Scrub the lemons clean then cut them in half and juice them. Add the lemon juice, water and strawberries along with the left over lemon rinds into a big pot. Bring them slowly to the boil, stirring off and on and let it bubble for ten minutes.
- As the berry mix cooks warm the sugar in the oven on low, then add the warmed sugar to the pit, return to the boil and stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cook the jam until setting point… now that is the hard part because we’ve found that strawberry jam doesn’t really set. It will always be runnier than other berry jams, so don’t get caught out and burn it like I did!
- Make sure you have enough clean jars and lids. We warm ours gently in the oven while the jam cooks. Allow the jam to sit for ten minutes then pour into the warm jars and seal.
Please note: this recipe uses Australian measurements and temperatures, if you need to convert measurements or temperatures you can find our printable cooking conversion chart here.
Free Printable Christmas Jar Labels
Home made strawberry jam is the perfect gift, and it’s even better with a fun Christmas jar label!
These labels look great on jars of jam, but you could also fill jars with other goodies like home made fudge or even store bought treats. The labels would even look nice on tins or other containers. Last year we filled empty milo tins with goodies to give as gifts. Or simply use the round labels as gift tags.
The labels come in a coloured version and a black and white version so the kids can colour them in and add a little of their own style.
And you can download the black and white Christmas jar labels here.
These printables are A4 sized pdf files, you will need a pdf reader such as adobe acrobat to open them. If you are printing on US ‘letter sized’ paper be sure to select ‘fit’ or ‘shrink to fit’ from your printer options.
Please remember that the printables at picklebums.com are for personal use only, you may not sell, share, or link directly to these files.
More Christmas Gif Printables
If you love giving Christmas gifts with a handmade touch, you might like these Christmas gift printables: